Egg: Veg or Non-Veg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Awe... this is the most mind tackling question i've come across. But still i dont have the perfect answer. I'm not bio student to determine and even i hate bio. So i just wanna know from this discussion board. What all i know is, if a Vegetarian eats egg then it is a veg or if a non-vegetarian eats it then its a non-veg... if non eats it then it will become a chicken :D

So is Egg a veg or Non-Veg?

anandk

Distinguished Member
some consider fertilised eggs as non-veg; and non-fertlsd eggs as veg :D
depends on how u classify as wat is veg.

the harshest defn...any animal by-product ? then milk too ...
the most lenient defn...just plain meat ? then eggs r veg too...

int86

You'r Born Free
Polutary egg - Veg. As there is no fertilization. They can never hatch chicken. There are no cock in browlers only hens.
Farm egg - Non-Veg. There are chances of fertilization. May hatch to chicken.

Correction are welcome, only correction.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
is sure non-veg.for those who thinks cows milk too non-veg,try :
Dairy products are often contaminated with salmonella, staphylococci, E. coli and viruses that may cause leukemia. It is no wonder that the nutritional authority, Dr. John A. McDougall, refers to milk as "liquid meat." Our answer is Heaven On Earth, a FAT FREE milk replacement dry mix that's delicious, inexpensive, and easy to use ("just add water"). In deference to our customer/friends in the diabetic community, Heaven On Earth now uses fructose as its sole sweetening agent. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS: Tofu extract or soy protein isolate, fructose, carob powder (carob version only), guar gum.
*www.lumenfds.com/hoe_ecart.htm

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
anandk said:
some consider fertilised eggs as non-veg; and non-fertlsd eggs as veg :D
depends on how u classify as wat is veg.

Exactly non-fertilized egg that we eat is veg and fertilized egg is veg..
We asked this question to our biology teacher and she told us this only..

NucleusKore

TheSaint
vish786 said:
but how do we come to know whether its fertilized or not....... :confused:
The million dollar question :D
Anyway, the question is do you want animal protein or not in your diet. If yes, then milk and broiler chicken eggs should not be a problem, as far as I am concerned, they are the same. You cannot get a cow from milk, neither can you get a hen or a cock from a broiler chicken egg, as someone rightly pointed out above, broiler eggs are not fertilised.

So don't get confused and worry over these petty issues. The question to ask is do you want an animal source of protein in your diet or not. Please note, from a medical point of view, no plant protein is complete, and that includes soya. A complete protein is defined as one which contains all the 12 essential amino acids that we require for metabolism. Egg protein is a complete protein :) so is meat. That is the reason why from the time of our ancestors we have a combination of cereals and pulses in our diet. For example, rice and dal, rice and moong preparation, chapati and moong, etc. They complement for each others amino acid deficiency.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
NucleusKore said:
The million dollar question :D
Anyway, the question is do you want animal protein or not in your diet. If yes, then milk and broiler chicken eggs should not be a problem, as far as I am concerned, they are the same. You cannot get a cow from milk, neither can you get a hen or a cock from a broiler chicken egg, as someone rightly pointed out above, broiler eggs are not fertilised.

So don't get confused and worry over these petty issues. The question to ask is do you want an animal source of protein in your diet or not. Please note, from a medical point of view, no plant protein is complete, and that includes soya. A complete protein is defined as one which contains all the 12 essential amino acids that we require for metabolism. Egg protein is a complete protein :) so is meat. That is the reason why from the time of our ancestors we have a combination of cereals and pulses in our diet. For example, rice and dal, rice and moong preparation, chapati and moong, etc. They complement for each others amino acid deficiency.

but u still didnt answer my question... i wanna taste it... if fertilised egg is veg(never tasted egg till now)...

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
An eatable will be called veg if it has got a vegetable or plant origin.

So until we find eggs growing on trees, we can't say the current egg as veg.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
vish786 said:
but u still didnt answer my question... i wanna taste it... if fertilised egg is veg(never tasted egg till now)...
I did answer your question :) ,by the way what is your "definition" of vegetarian? Are you even sure of yourself? :D

karmanya

Journeyman
i dont get all this veg and non veg thing. if vegetarianism is cosidered not to eat living things then why do they eat plants? cuz technically plants r living too. if it is considered eating sentient beings then y dont they eat things like pigeon which is considered a delicacy. cuz pigeons r sentient

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
As far as I know, there are two types of eggs. One which are produced from chicken naturally and are used for breeding are non-veg eggs. Others which are produced for large-scale consumption and are not used for breeding are veg eggs.

so the desi murgi eggs which comes costly arnd 3 rs per egg is non veg
while the simple white one we eat comes arnd 2 rs is veg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom