eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
how do i install the eclipse 3.0.1 SDK given in this month's Digit DVD?

it refuses to install in my winXP pro

plz help

M

manas

Just extract the eclipse zip folder to any place you want.Then make sure you have the Java 2 runtime envoronment.In case you do not have it you can install it from the digit dvd(i don't remember which month may be nov or dec.check it.)Then run the eclipse.exe file.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
java runtime is installed but i just get the hourglass symbol in my mouse pointer and it goes off without giving any error
eclipse is not installed!!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
JRE might be installed however it might not be in you PATH variable. Do the following :

open up a command prompt.
Goto the directory whe eclipse is installed. I am assuming that you have installed it in C:\ecplise so say cd c:\eclipse
now just type java -version. This will give you the version of JRE you have installed. If this command returns a java is not recognized as an internal or an external command error then your JRE is not in the PATH or your PATH variable has been modified.
case 1 :
java command gives error. Then do the fllowing. Right click on My computer and select properties. Click on the advanced tab and select Environment Varibles button which is to the bottom. Then in the system variables there will be a PATH variable. Double click it and in the value row enter the location of your JRE bin directory for example c:\jre\bin (change this accordingly). Save it and close the properties window. You will need to close the command prompt window and open a new one and perform the above mentioned stepd once again.

Case 2:

The java command works fine yet eclipse fails. Then try this. Type the following command. "Set JAVA_HOME=<location of your JRE or JDK>" and then try running eclipse from inside the command window.

Hope this helps.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
well sorry
eclipse itself is not getting installed ...
java path
j2ee
j2ee_home
java_home
all these paths are set correctly ..
i m learning j2ee .....

just a few days back i tried to install eclipse from Digit DVD and i got and error in a message box as soon as i clicked the eclipse setup file

the error says
ECLIPSE_STARTUP_ERROR_CHECK_LOG

what cud be the reason...

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
does eclipse given in digit DVD require java
J2SE 5.0 ?? and J2EE 1.4 ??

i have the following installed ...
J2EE 1.4 SDK
J2SE 1.4.2 SDK

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Eclipse needs only JDK 1.4 and above. So what you have installed is fine. There is no installer for eclipse. It just needs to be extracted to a dir and run from there and it will work. Been using it for ages.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
my eclipse is not working ....
when i double click eclipse.exe file i get an error
ECLIPSE_STARTUP_ERROR_CHECK_LOG

i had posted the same in my earlier posts ....
well
sud i extract it into any specific folder ...like
program files
or system32?
plz help....

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
We need to see what exactly the error is. CHeck the log file and post it here. The log file should be in the same directory.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
well this seems to b the log file .....

!SESSION Feb 25, 2005 16:51:35.586 ---------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M200409161125
java.version=1.4.2_03
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

!ENTRY initial@reference:file:h:/Go!Zilla Downloads/eclipse-SDK-3.0.1-win32/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.0.1/ 0 0 Feb 25, 2005 16:51:35.606
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent.ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: BUNDLE_ACTIVATOR_EXCEPTION
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:975)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:937)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:421)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:366)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:999)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:577)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:488)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:273)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:444)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:186)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventThread.run(EventThread.java:104)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.osgi.service.environment.EnvironmentInfo
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator.acquireInfoService(PlatformActivator.java:223)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator.start(PlatformActivator.java:59)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:958)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:954)
... 10 more
Root exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.osgi.service.environment.EnvironmentInfo
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator.acquireInfoService(PlatformActivator.java:223)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator.start(PlatformActivator.java:59)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:958)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:954)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:937)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:421)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:366)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:999)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:577)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:488)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:273)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:444)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:186)

!ENTRY initial@reference:file:h:/Go!Zilla Downloads/eclipse-SDK-3.0.1-win32/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.0.0/ 0 0 Feb 25, 2005 16:51:35.646
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent.ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: BUNDLE_ACTIVATOR_EXCEPTION
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:975)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.osgi.framework.log.FrameworkLog
at org.eclipse.update.internal.configurator.ConfigurationActivator.acquireFrameworkLogService(ConfigurationActivator.java:468)
at org.eclipse.update.internal.configurator.ConfigurationActivator.start(ConfigurationActivator.java:70)
... 10 more
Root exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.osgi.framework.log.FrameworkLog
at org.eclipse.update.internal.configurator.ConfigurationActivator.acquireFrameworkLogService(ConfigurationActivator.java:468)
at org.eclipse.update.internal.configurator.ConfigurationActivator.start(ConfigurationActivator.java:70)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi Feb 25, 2005 16:51:35.656
!MESSAGE ECLIPSE_STARTUP_STARTUP_ERROR
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ECLIPSE_STARTUP_ERROR_BUNDLE_NOT_ACTIVE
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ensureBundlesActive(EclipseStarter.java:303)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:227)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:127)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ok. There seems to be an error with the release. Could be several reasons. Try the following :

1)Try extracting it to a different location and then run eclipse.

2) uninstall your Java and reinstall it.

3) Try installing JDK5 and then run eclipse and see if it works.

4) Well if all of the above fails download eclipse from the site and test it. I didnt install the IDE at home. Will check it out and let you know.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i extracted eclipse file in c drive n it stated working .....
thanks for ur help
does eclipse have a drag n dorm feature .... for creating buttons and textboxes ...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom