easiest way to connect to compu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
obviosly netwok is better, cheaper

USB has many limitations... the wire length cannot be more thn 5 meters... u need an hub to extend and in any case u can not use more than 6 hubs...

so 30 meters is the max if u use 6 hubs at 5 meters each...

i know why u are asking thiis, one or both of ur pcs do not have integrated lan card... which means the are old..
spend Rs 200/- and get a lan card, usb is hassle

coolendra

Neil is Here...
jst buy two LAN cards to connect the two computer

it wud be more cheaper .....

i totally agree wth kniwor

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
Kniwor said:
obviosly netwok is better, cheaper

USB has many limitations... the wire length cannot be more thn 5 meters... u need an hub to extend and in any case u can not use more than 6 hubs...

so 30 meters is the max if u use 6 hubs at 5 meters each...

i know why u are asking thiis, one or both of ur pcs do not have integrated lan card... which means the are old..
spend Rs 200/- and get a lan card, usb is hassle

first of all i dont have two compus to connect!!!!!! i sometimes get laptop for use but then pen drive is good enough. i was just asking. for two terminals which is better. and with usb are the resources shared? and to what extent we can use the computers?. and what is the expenditure in both( heard somewhere that network cable is rs10/mt) quite cheap if it is true.

Kniwor

Learner
and so i said....

whatever u connect with.... u will be able to use ur comp fully

network cable is cheaper than Rs 10 actually.... the D-Link cable comes for Rs. 10/- and there are cheaper ones....

also netwok can have transfer rates of 1000Mbps.... 480 is the usb limit... (both of them in theory..)

theraven

Technomancer
networks would have THEORETICAL LIMIT OF 1000mbps ONLY if both the computers ( or more) are equipped with GIGABIT ports and use cat 6 or above cables ...
cat 5 and cat5e dont have that much speed
i think cat 5e has speed limit of 350mbps
and cat 6 is 6xx or 7xx dun rem the exact figures.

the cables consquently are more expensive

theraven

Technomancer
actually when u say "in theory" means max transfer rate is 1000 mbps in ideal conditions which is correct
but networks DONT have a standard speed of 1000 mbps .. they have standard speed of 100mbps ..
so when u talk of only lan .. its 100 mbps cuz anywhere in the market u go .. u will only get 100mbps adapters and cat 5 cables unless u specifically ask for it and hunt for gigabit adapters and cat 6 cabling ..

just cuz motherboards come with gigabit adapters built on board doesnt mean they work @ 1000 mbps and that 1000 mbps is a standard

INFACT if u even connect the gigabit adapter to ur LAN , check ur system tray for lan adapter connection ..
it'll say "LOCAL AREA CONNECTION CONNECTED AT 100 MBPS"

im not being nit picky but im tryin to make u see the diff in what u said and what i said .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom