E6600 C2D price fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy0x

In the zone
how long will it take the for intel C2D prices to fall? & by how much will they fall?, i.e if they do. Should I wait to buy it or buy it now??

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
wait its in the papers tht govt is reducing the taxes on these equipments so it will fall .... lcd tvs hav been predicted to hv almost a 50%price drop i the coming year

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
well the problem is the pc which i currently have has only 256 DDR RAM & no card(the card i had has gone bad) .. its not easy working on a 256 MB RAM & i m a gamer as well as an animator.. since its not worth buying an AGP card n DDR1 RAM just for a few months ( i currently own a MOBO that has an AGP slot & supports only DDDR1 not DDR2) i was wondering if i should buy a 2nd hand card n RAM if i m waiting..

soham

In the zone
Thats a great news, especially when Flat panel televisions cost nearly twice as much in India as in the US.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
well teh E6600 is almost being sold at the same rate in India compared to US, its around 16,000 & price in US is 317$.. not a huge difference
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115003
check 4 urself
*www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
... so u r just paying Rs 2,200 more i.e Rs 16,200- $317(Rs 13,982)= Rs 2200, And even if u got it from US u still might have to pay customs & then theres the risk of warrranty & then u dont hav 2 wait 4 som1 2 go 2 US etc etc which is worth paying the 2200 for .. BTW i know i am deviating from this topic but just wanted ppl to know that now theres hardly any difference in most products whether u buy from india or US.. but go ahead & correct me if i am wrong :)

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
well I'd say get the cheapest model E6300 for now, and when the prices drop, upgrade later. get a quad core compatible mobo.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
mAV3 said:
wait its in the papers tht govt is reducing the taxes on these equipments so it will fall .... lcd tvs hav been predicted to hv almost a 50%price drop i the coming year
There is nothing to do with govt.INTEL is itself slashing the price of their processors.I suggest wait till AMD come with something new which is Q2 2007.I believe AMD will become top but INTEL will win over AMD in price war.
Although there is already a small price fall happened in INTEL processors but more is yet to come!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom