E61i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
did a bit more research.

p1i beats E61i when it comes to performance, multimedia, usability
E61i wins hands down when it comes to office applications usage and availability of third party apps.

OP
P

paranj

whats the cost difference between P1i and E61i. Have budget of 15k but more is welcome as i am getting it from Dubai most prolly

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
P1i costs around 16k.

Also take a look at E51 (11k), Samsung i600 (18k), motorola Q9H (17k), imate JAQ3 (15k)
O2 stealth and O2 atom.

Best of all would be either Blackberry Pearl or Blackberry Curve.

Last edited:

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I bought E61i this Sunday by pimping my Ming. I must say I have moved from one great phone to another. I got it for Rs. 15,800 from a priority dealer. The main reason for the change was wi-fi, I needed one.

The phone feels solid in my hand. It has a great-great browser. Call quality is excellent. Wireless detection is pretty nimble. Battery is excellent. Yet to try Blackberry connect. Interface is pretty intuitive somehow it guesses my next move. Third party application support is excellent. Google softwares such as Youtube mobile has a separate E61i version. eBuddy (mobile IM) for E61i is another killer app. esp if you are connected through WLAN. Everything else is excellent that you normally associate with Nokia. How can I forget display : absolutely stunning. A display so vivid you sometime wonder if its a touch screen!!

The downside is price, at Rs 15,800, I think it is still expensive. There is a bit of plastic on the case which looks very cheap since most of the body is made up of brushed aluminum. Then you get a mono headphone which is height of stupidity. I mean who ever said that a business executive doesn't like stereo music. The connector is proprietary. My older Ming had plain USB wire which is very common among phones these days. The bundled micro SD card is only 256MB. Here too I don't understand the logic.

All in all except these little quirks I think its a great phone. A phone that I always wanted to own and I am happy to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom