dynamic textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
me have been using slax for some time and hv been trying to run games using wine ... but the problem is installation of my gfx card .... its nvidia .... i dwnldded the drivers from nvidia and installed them but still when i try to run the games it gives and error saying tht ur vdo card or drivers do not support dynamic textures .... could some 1 tell me how to install gfx drivers coz i think tht is where im going wrong ...

freebird

Debian Rocks!
^^
First of All wine doesnot support all win games.after all its just an emulator.check wine's App database
*appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3792&iTestingId=499
to make sure ya game is supported.
another think is get the latest wine from their svn or cvs repo,bcoz with each update bugs gets fixed;more supported win games etc
If ur serious about gaming in Linux,U can buy($$$$) Cedega-
*www.transgaming.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&file=index&ceid=29
DId u installed Nvidia's 3D drivers?
I am no expert with wine and games.but dynamic texture things are related to package mesa libs,mesa glx and mesa off-screen rendering support.also this depends on what modules u load in ur /etc/X11/xorg.conf.BTW i suppose u got DRI supported properly.
0_0
to check run "glxgears" from ur GNOME or kde run dialog(ALT+F2),if the wheels are rotating smoothly sorta have u got DRI(direct rendering infrastructure) enabled.or u can use cmd "glxinfo |grep render" in a terminal.install DRI pkg if not installed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom