DVD'S not reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
hi friends,

I recently purchased a SONY DVD ROM. it is now failing to read some movie discs which are read in other machines...n also at times while watchin the movie, the movie gets freezed, some times becomes ok...but repeats...it'll turn ok.if i am playing it after 10 or 15 mts...but it again happens at some other point of time...how can i get these things corrected..???? waiting for ur replies...

regards
Windchimes

psychoman

Right off the assembly line
Re: DVD'S not reading properly

i have a sony dw-Q120A i was playin the movie Terminator 2 which came with digit dec issue but the movie was getting stuck at random intervals as though there was no buffering taking place the same drive played divx and vcd's fine..
i have set the dma mode to auto in the bios. how do i do dma allocation in win-xp as when i go to drive properties there is no such option..

i have a Asus A8N-VM CSM motherboard with 1 GB of ram and an AMD Athlon 64 3200+

psychoman

Right off the assembly line
a little help here fellas
also should i get a firmware upgrade or something if so where can i get from for my drive model

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Right click my computer -> Manage -> Device manager -> IDE/ATAPI controllers -> Double click on primary IDE channel -> advanced settings -> select DMA if available. Repeat for all IDE channels.

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
hi guys,

my dma is turned on..n still movie dvds get freezed. my machine is P3 1GHz
with 815e mercury motherboard n 128MB RAM....is lack of RAM a reason...? n to mention other dvd's like that of digit or songs or movies in other formats like divx in dvd's work smoothly...!!! what wud be the reason...??

regards
Windchimes

knaadhan

Broken In
a message for all of u guys...i know about the problem with the Sony DVD drives in India...it seems that most of the Sony drives sold in India is actually fake...certain chinese companies flash the chips in their own drive with easily available firmware from sony's website and sell it in the grey market...so my advice is...if u want to buy any sony product..please buy it in their official showroom...

Nitin_Tyagi

Broken In
Lack of memory and processing power is surely a problem when running DVDs See how much of ram is free when you use your computer. there are many softwares which can tell you this like memwatcher, freeramxp etc. If you are running windows XP lessen the resources which are used by windows by going to control panel ----> system properties-->advanced tab-->performance settings-->and choose "Custom" check "use drop shadows..." and click ok

you can keep less icons on desktop and you may not use a wallpaper for freeing more ram.

Also see if you are using a DVD playing software which needs a lot of resources for playing dvd play the DVD using a simpler software.

It will be better to increase your ram if you use windows XP because 128 MB of ram is not sufficient for a nice running of windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom