DVDs dont play in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
I am having a problem with playing my dvds on my combo drive in windows xp while they play fine in windows 98. so to run digit dvds i hav to go to win 98 (no prob wid cds though).

qwerty maniac told me that this is due to INCD, then i remembered that the time i installed nero 7 more or less coincides with the time i hav been facing this problem since.

but the incd service is disabled. so y shud this happen? :?: or is it something else?

how can i solvet this problem?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Umm... I too tried disabling the InCD service but it still didnt work... only when I completely uninstalled it did it work....

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
hey man install vlc player in your system and try to run the dvd....its free in this months digit issue....or k-lite codec pack can also do try both.....

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I've had the same problem with DVD's refusing to work while Nero 7 was installed. I went back to Nero 6.6 and everythings working fine now.

parthbarot

In the zone
i thnk nero 7 shld not be installed as ur need can be satisfied by nero 6 or 6.5...i mean it is useless...u see its setup size is 100MB or so...so much softies included...most of them u will not use... as i no...we r using it for writing only...

For DVD--> VLC,PowerDVD,Xing MPEG are best...remove all otehr players and use VLC the best one.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
I am using nero 7 for a very long time and I am not facing any problem running DVDs on my system... I have both a DVD ROM (lg) and DVD Writer (SONY/Lite on) and I have not faced any probs in either... My installation of Nero 7 included Nero, waveeditor, recode and startsmart... I disabled Nero scout with the following

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll

You could try it and see if it works.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
@kin
its got nuthin to do with VLC palya......even his DIGIT DVD aint workin......

@superhero
if uninstallin Nero 7 works..kewl..but dont accept defeat......try n google out why Nero 7 is causing that prob with ur drive..........

@parth
i agree.......why install nero 7............its useless, just many useless softwares bundled together........:|

busyanuj

In the zone
There's no reason why Nero 7 should have anything to do with the problem of playing dvds. I've been using Nero 7 for a couple of months now and I have not faced a single problem while playing dvds, so far.. Therefore, in all likelihood the problem lies somewhere else.
Do check for any missing codecs or media files.
Try one of the many codec-packs and do let us know if it solves the problem.

Maybe during the installation of Nero 7, you may have allowed it to change the default player for dvd movies setting which might be causing the problem.

hafees

In the zone
Me too using Nero 7 since it is released and it caused no problem(i have disabled all startup services except Nero Check) (i have 1 DVD -ROM drive and a LG DVD writer). Try disabling all services belongs to Nero 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom