i have a problem when i write DVD's in my system,
it takes more then 40 minutes to write a full data DVD @ 16x speed with NERO ,
why does this happens ?

please reply..

thanks

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Do you have IDE or SATA?
If you have IDE check to see if the cable is shared between the hard disk and DVD drive. Many assemblers cheat in this manner and swallow the extra cable that comes with your motherboard or DVD drive; they sell it to another customer. Both DVD writer and hard disk should be set as MASTER and not SLAVE.

mad_max

Journeyman
woah thats long man:S anyways probable cause is windows has reverted back to PIO mode of data transfer because of too many crc errors.Go to device manager and take a look at the properties of all your IDE channels,you'll get a 4 tab window and what matters here is advanced settings tab,look at current transfer mode to see any of those are on PIO mode.If thats the case simply uninstall the driver and restart:)

OP
gsmsikar

gsmsikar

Journeyman
this is the state of the ide channels

*img221.imageshack.us/img221/9237/primaryir9.jpg
*img221.imageshack.us/img221/primaryir9.jpg/1/w409.png

*img379.imageshack.us/img379/5811/secondaryrd3.jpg
*img379.imageshack.us/img379/secondaryrd3.jpg/1/w401.png

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Set the transfer mode to DMA. If it keeps reverting back to PIO mode, then reinstall the drivers as mad_max said.

mad_max

Journeyman
sadly though you have to uninstall the drivers:S windows is a bit stubborn when it comes to this,go to the drivers tab and hit uninstall and restart.Windows will install the drivers upon restart so no worrys:) been there done that lol
and it only takes 5 crc errors for windows to do this so use something like alcohol when you want to copy a bad disk:)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@OP

use this:

*svp.co.uk/helpdesk/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=15

run it and restart comp, it should reset to DMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom