dvd writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bholu

Broken In
hey guys i want external dvd writer, but i dont want to buy external one coz its cost arount 6500rs. and internal one cost half of that.
so my Q. is there is any way to make intanal dvd writer to external???????? and how much that will cost me?
which dvd writer will be best?
what is liteon??????

parthbarot

In the zone
cant understand...
yes u can use DVD writer out of the CPU..if u want ( i understands this...like internal as an external.. :) )

i think LG DVD writer (internal one CD/CDR/RW/DVD/DVDRW) costs around 2800 to 3200 Rs...and LG is better then any other...

Regards,
Parth.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
nah...i dont think lg is best for optical drives.

liteon [always wins digit test awards] is the best and will come for around 2750.
sony oem drives come for 2800 and also quite good [i'm using one]

u can either make a drive external by using a ide to usb converter/adapter cable which comes for around 600
if u want to carry the drive around u can buy a 5.25" external case which will have the ide to usb adapter cable+a power adapter and a box which will fit ur drive.
it costs around 1100-1200

the only difference between the external case and only buying the ide to usb cable will be the box, which is recommended if u want to carry the drive around, since internal drives are fragile.
but if u can keep the drive carefully, u wont need the case and thus save 400-500 bucks.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Hey can tht IDE to USB converter cable also be used to convert internal hard drive to an external one?
And how is the power supplied to the optical drive using tht cable??????

Gunner

Broken In
Externals will take a bit more power out of the SMPS than internals. And the IDE to USB cable will work for HDD if you ask for specifications, but the internal HDDs are more fragile than ext.s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom