1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

DVD Writer

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by Gunner, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunner

Gunner New Member

I didn't know where to post this becuase I still don't know wether this is a hardware problem or a software problem. The problem's with my DVD Writer. You see, I use Nero 6 to burn my DVDs.
    Yesterday, when I tried to write a DVD, it failed. What happened was, the writing started at 4x, and after 26%, it just wouldn't write ! I mean, the timer kept running, and when I clicked on stop or something, it still asked me wether I should stop the burning process.
    I tried writing a CD, it wrote. I tried writing a CD-RW, and it still worked. Mine IS a DVD writer and this type of problem has never risen before. I have written several DVD's before. The type of DVD I was trying to write when this happened was a Data DVD. And it was filled only with songs. Can someone please help me out ?

2. ::vicky::

::vicky:: New Member

try a good media to write and free some resources for cd/dvd writing defragment ur system too

3. OP
    OP
    Gunner

Gunner New Member

Have defragmented my system - I do it every week. I haven't yet tried writing other types of DVDs. I was mainly afraid of having to lose a DVD. But hey ! I gues I'll try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.