DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranju_neel

Broken In
go for benq dw1640 or sony 810u, its one of the best out there.

or if you want something in the economy section go for liteon, its the same hardware as sony but different firmware

Massacre

Broken In
Liteon is a Cheap Knockoff of Sony.

Go for Sony, it may be a little hefty but it will be worth the investment.

OP
G

guru

Broken In
Wht will be the price range mate

R u sure it's sony 810U, I havn't heard this one :?

*i am planning to buy an internal writer

Massacre

Broken In
Sony DRU-810A DVD±RW Dual Layer Burner.

Approx 4K - 5K.

Internal.

Here is an Image.

*img2.postimage.org/160409/25788837.jpg

OP
G

guru

Broken In
thank you friends

Now I am the proud owner of Sony DRU 810A ;)

Thanks for your help and suggestion

manmay

Journeyman
i bought sony dru 180 a for 3500 bucks in surat.
1 month back.
sad
i went to the sane dealer again and saw benq dw1640 for 2800. but he says that warranty is not so good as compared to sony..

anyway what's done is done....
no crying over spilt milk.

manmay
peace

Massacre said:
Liteon is a Cheap Knockoff of Sony.

Go for Sony, it may be a little hefty but it will be worth the investment.

LOL! Most Sony's are just rebadged Liteons. A simple firmware crossflash can convert a Sony into a Liteon and vice versa.

*club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=140594

*codeguys.rpc1.org/dvdrw_overview.html

manmay
Currently I own a Sony DRU-810a which is nothing but a rebadged BenQ D1640W (and I have xflashed it already with the BenQ firmware BSNB version)

*club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=155573

*club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=149980&page=5

To crossflash you will need BQFlasher - *club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=149980
Once done you can use BenQ's QSuite to mess with a few settings like booktype, solidburn, WOPC etc.

-Keith

manmay said:
@keith
how is benq better than sony
please elaborate.....

manmay
peace

as mentioned earlier - "you can use BenQ's QSuite to mess with a few settings like booktype, solidburn, WOPC etc. "

Using QSuite, I've changed the booktype of DVD+R to DVD ROM for better compatibility on my standalone DVD player. Not possible with default Sony DRU-810 as there's no patched firmware available (yet) for this drive.

If the above doesn't make sense to you, leave your drive alone. Crossflashing can be risky.

Cheers,
Keith

manmay

Journeyman
thanks for the warning.....
that actually didnt make any sense. and more over i dont think that whatever u are doing by changing the firmware is gonna be use full for me....

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hey manmay , sony dru 810 u is just a rebaged benq dw 1640 .. this means it has just the same hardware as benq which is originally made by benq and not sony .. also benq is available for much less with two yrs warannty .. and benq dw 1640 is one of the best dvd writers of all time if not the best .. go check www.cdfreaks.com .. if u dont believe me ..

I have been using benq for last four months and this beauty truly rocks .. :lol:

if u know atleast a bit abt dvd writing then you dont want to neglect regular firmware support from the manufacturer.. benq is best in this department too .. so not only you but all those looking for a new dvd writer.. should go for benq dw 1640.. also it is available for 2.6 k here in mumbai which is quite a deal .. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom