DVD Writer Purchase Doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkiran

Broken In
Friends,
I am planing to buy Lite On internal DVD Writer for my old PC, which was assembled in the year 2000. PC configuration is Pentium 3 with 700 MHz, 196 MB RAM, 20 GB HDD. Can I use the internal DVD Writer on this PC or will there be any compatibility issue ?
The DVD Writer must be using IDE cable, so there shouldnt be any problem, right ?
Please help me.

~Kiran

ironcross77

Broken In
I bought a LITE-ON dvd writer day before yesterday. It is good.
I think for your configuration you should upgrade your RAM a little bit. Eh, they also ship an extra IDE cable with it.

OP
gkiran

gkiran

Broken In
I was worried becoz I am not sure whether DVD Writer will be accepted by my old PC or not. Second issue is RAM. Perhaps I cannot use Nero, as it is resource hungry. Can I use other light weight burning programs like Roxio Easy media creator etc ?

Thanks Ironcross :)

Last edited:

PrinceHeart

In the zone
With your RAM - you can use CDRWin. Its a good program and works faster too. But if u plan to upgrade your RAM, it would be a good idea for the sake of your PC, as P3 700MHz is in history books now.

cheerz

ashok jain

QUAD USER
dear kiran,

as DVD writers minimum requirements are p-iii-1 ghz , we advice u please do not go for dvd writers.

as we have seen lots of problems on low end cpu's ,

the problem is low writing speed , memory issue , bad writing .

though LITEON 169s is one of best dvd writer in all.

thank you

OP
gkiran

gkiran

Broken In
(-: .ylno niWRDC esu nac I ,eb yaM .UPC ym gnidargpu fo gnikniht ton ma I tub ,traeHecnirP dna kohsa ,sknahT

Why my previous message was displayed in reverse order ?

I wanted to say ...

Thanks, ashok and PrinceHeart, but I am not thinking of upgrading my CPU. May be, I can use CDRWin only.

Last edited:

neyo

Broken In
ironcross77 said:
I bought a LITE-ON dvd writer day before yesterday. It is good.
I think for your configuration you should upgrade your RAM a little bit. Eh, they also ship an extra IDE cable with it.

hello ironcross. can you mention the model, price and place of purchase.

Simple_Graduate

Broken In
I have an Intel Celeron (2.4 Ghz) processor, 256 Ram, 40 GB HDD....Should i buy a DVD-Writer?

And then should I get the old CD-rom and CD-Writer removed? They may be consuming extra power.

ironcross77

Broken In
Simple Graduate,

All that depends on your PS. I installed A LITE-ON dvd writer on my friend's machine. His PC is from IBM with 2.4 GHz Processor and 256 MB of Ram. But his PS is 400W. So there was no problem even with the old DVD Player still connected.

PLease check your PS power rating and the speed of your ram. before buying DVD writer.

To neyo,

Model : Lite-On SHW-160P6S Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer
Price: Rs. 2100
Place: Caltron, Ganesh Avenue (Near Chadni Chowk), Kolkata

Last edited:
OP
gkiran

gkiran

Broken In
I purchased LITE ON DVD Writer. I am able to burn CDs and also DVDs (at 4x ). I am using Nero s/w that came bundled with Lite On for that.
Thanks for the advice.

ashok jain said:
dear kiran,

as DVD writers minimum requirements are p-iii-1 ghz , we advice u please do not go for dvd writers.

as we have seen lots of problems on low end cpu's ,

the problem is low writing speed , memory issue , bad writing .

though LITEON 169s is one of best dvd writer in all.

thank you

[ashX]

Broken In
I hav LiteOn DVD Writer for 1950/-
Which has God Performance Yet! :)

But i suggest u do not go for Samsung,
Because i hav combo which has bAD pERformance.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I am planning to buy an internal DVD writer positively in next 2-3 days.
I am currently planning to buy "LiteOn 165P6S".
Please tell me is it the right choice????? reply needed urgently...

OP
gkiran

gkiran

Broken In
Yes, you can go ahead. I bought the same model 3 months ago. No problems with that.

~Phenom~ said:
I am planning to buy an internal DVD writer positively in next 2-3 days.
I am currently planning to buy "LiteOn 165P6S".
Please tell me is it the right choice????? reply needed urgently...

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I ordered for benQ 1650 2 weeks ago. Now today the guy called and asked me to pick up the writer. I went there and wow those idiots have ordered benQ 1670. I was feeling like killing them. So now I wanna know is benQ 1670 better than benQ 1650?? Anyone using BenQ 1670???

tango_cash

In the zone
hi i just found out that sony has launched a new dvd writer with speed of 18x model no- AWG170AB also there is a 16x writer of sony MODEL NO-DRU-820A.i don't know price of 18x model but the 16x should not cost u more than Rs1950.

ashok jain

QUAD USER
I ordered for benQ 1650 2 weeks ago. Now today the guy called and asked me to pick up the writer. I went there and wow those idiots have ordered benQ 1670. I was feeling like killing them. So now I wanna know is benQ 1670 better than benQ 1650?? Anyone using BenQ 1670???

dear chirag,

BenQ DVD wirters are not so good in DVD DL writing , we sugest u please go for SONY DRU820 or new 18X dvd writer of Sony or samsung.

Benq has problem with 1650/ 1655

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom