DVD writer problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I am facing a quite strange problem with my DVD-RW ...Whenever I write something on a CD-RW..and then try to copy the things on my HDD ..it doesn't copy..sometimes..it gives..some error and some times the time goes on increasing..I have even tried it with my friend's DVD-RW..same problem..

But when written on a DVD-R..there is no problem..in copying..

Recently I have updated my firmware..is there any problem associated with that ..

Please help me !!

satyamy

Alive Again...
which OS...........?
which software do you use to burn your CD/DVD..........?
try chaning the SW

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
windows XP...
I use Nero..but I don't think it is a s/w problem bcoz I am having no problem in burning DVDs..only CD-RW..(RW are fine)..

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Dude I think it is a problem with DVD Writer itself.I used to burn DVDs with Gigabyte DVD writer but soon developed a problem of not burning it. I used my friend's Samsung drive & it also gave me the same problem...After that I got another friend's LG drive & it worked properly...The lens that they use in DVD Writers are crap...Otherwise how will you get DVD Writers for RS 2000??? The writers nowadays suck big time

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Flash ur drive's firmare with the most recent one visit manufacturer's site for latest release. Use the firmware for ur drive model only

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
No use.... Your drive is dead now.... u can use it only for writing DVDs....
This happened with me also... LG service centre is also not able to repair.... You flashed with the wrong version....
Its a very common problem. The only chance u have is that if your DVD writer is under warranty,get it replaced.....

satyamy

Alive Again...
than the only thing can be your Cable which connect your DVD Writer & Motherboard
Use a High Quality 40Pin Cable
r u also getting error in reading autorun CD's or DVD's.................?

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
..I am not getting any burning errors...and I have not used any other wrong version firmware..to update my current model of DVD-RW...

I am having a CD-RW..and a DVD-RW.both are having the same problem...no burning error..but when copying the materials from a CD-RW...it gives error..

Also I want to know that...when Updating the firmware...does I need to unplug the other optical drive beside the one which I m updating....
Can I go back to the earlier firmware.. ???

My DVD-RW in connected as slave and CD-RW as master,can it be a problem..???

Can I go back to the previous one ..or before..the latest ones ???

Suppose I was having YYS3..and then upgrade it to YYS7..now can I go to YYS3 or YYS6...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom