DVD Writer not writing DVD writable

Status
Not open for further replies.

walky

Right off the assembly line
hi all,

I am facing a problem with my new LG DVD Writer. The issue is that it is not writing DVD-R. It takes a lot of time and then hangs the entire system. The DVD-R ultimatally gets corrupt. I have wasted a lot of DVDs by doing this. So one day i finally decided to burn a CD-R and a DVD-RW. Both burned just fine within very less time. I was shocked to see this. Then i did one more thing i installed my DVD writer to one of my friends machine. The DVD writer was working fine everthing was getting burned. So i came to a conclusion that the issue is in my PC and not in the DVD Writer. Some one suggested that there might be a problem with the IDE bus. So i replaced it with a new one. But its still giving me this error. By the way the harddisk is connected to IDE1 and the rom is connected to IDE2. Please help me out. Below is my system configuartion:

Intel Pentium 4 2.23 GHz processor, 1.25 GB RAM, 80 GB Harddisk, Operating System is XP.

Let me know if any further details are required.

OP
W

walky

Right off the assembly line
hi ....I already have nero installed. But tried it out with Ashampoo it is still giving the same error.

Chanchalchatt...the lens cannot be damaged as it is working perfectly on my friends machine....

anyways thanks for your help...but the issue is till there.

Also i went to the LG Service Center the second day after i purchased this DVD Writer...they tested it on another machine and said that its working perfectly fine....they tested that in front of me....

also people can you suggest some good DVD burning softwares.

And also in Nero do i have an option of reducing the speed??? As while burning i observed that the writer is burning DVD-RW at 4x and it tries burning the DVD-R with 18x. I also saw that on DVD-R it is written 16x. So is it that more than 16x speed will not work??

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
You are all missing something here.
Point: He has no problems with CDs and rewritable DVDs
Reason: DVD writers have a BIG BUFFER so CDs are no big deal. Now rewritable DVDs write at a much slower speed than regular DVDs. Depending on the brand you have this varies from 2.4x to 8x.

In Nero, just before you hit burn, you will see an option of speed as a dropdown list. It will be marked as automatic. So do the following:
1. Disable your screensaver
2. Disable your antivirus and switch off your broadband router or modem
3. Ramp down the speed to 4x from the dropdown list
4. And burn baby burn
:)

P.S. - if this works for you you might want to consider trying out OpenSuSE 11.0 or Ubuntu 8.04 linux. Unlike windows they do not need antivirus and do not connect to the internet, update and restart without your permission. With your configuration your system will FLY.

Last edited:

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Try burning at lower speeds as suggested by NucleusKore and also check whether you are using DVD-R or DVD+R coz some DVD writers have issues with DVD+R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom