DVD Writer New Needed.. and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
Many topics exist i know ..

but my budget is around 3000 max.. not compulsory to spend all of it..

so which one to get latest..

some dealer was giving some 20X writing speed Liteon ( forgot the model ) for Rs. 2050 is that good??

or some1 please give me 3 good dvd writer model and costs ( lamington road is ok ) and shop number if u have

awaitin response.. please do give asap.. need to buy .. do give in order of preferences.. should be 2 yrs life proof..

previously i had a liteon for 3 years.. burnt over 1000 DVD/CD .. now its burnt itself out i guess

:)

Also whats the cost of 512 DDR RAM for P4???

shantanu

Technomancer
512 DDR costs rs. 2200/- Dynet chipset (simtronics ) and 2400 transcend..

and 20 X liteon i cant say that will the DVD work after burning at 20x and whether 20x burnable media has launched or not... i have 16x SONY DVD writer and i max write upto 12x... and it is advised to write @ 4x or 8x by good Companies.. if you Download a Beta setup or something AS:

Vista RC2 downloads or now RTM downloads for MSDN subscribers.. they say write speed @ 1x or 2x but we dont get that in nero.. so the least i write on that..

YOU CAN GO FOR SONY OR HP

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
I have SONY DRU-820A & I m completely satisfied with it. I can write DVD at the speed upto 16x, & It can read-write dual layer DVD too.
I advice u to go for a SONY DRU-830A or SONY DRU-820A.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
hey ?? howcome sony ??

i thought this forum loved liteon and plextor ?? nice surprise..

some1 offering 512 DDR @ 1950 .. i think it might be hynix or something

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
for RAM

1)Corsair (with 10 yrs WARRANTY - no question asked Table Replacement) - High Price
2)Kingston
3)Transcend (with lifetime waranty - printed on pack - but delaer said 3 yrs)
4)Twinmose 3-5 yrs Warranty

All above are good quality RAM, don't think Twinmos as 3rd Class RAM, as I put in on 4th Number.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
ok

i think i will go for transcend ram + liteon dvd writer

simply because half the expert dealers are saying go for liteon as it has old shelf life and my previous ones worked for nearly 3 yrs..

can ne1 give any lamington rd shop names and numbers where i can find these item cheap.. will be going tomorrow.. awaiting reply

digiFriend

In the zone
previous models of sony were made by Lite-on/Benq and they performed good.
but Sony DRU-830A is rebagged of Samsung SH-S182D, samsung DVD writer are not reliable.
Lite-on has bought BenQ CD/DVD writer department.
go for liteon LH-20A1P or BenQ Dw 2000

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
already got the stuff guys

Liteon LH-20A1P : Rs. 1900 ( My previous liteon worked like CHEESE )
Transcend 512MB DDR : Rs. 1850
Logitech Navigator Keyboard : Rs. 400 ( doesnt feel that good )
vaccum suction USB : Rs. 60 ( featured in feb issue )

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom