• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

DVD Writer Lens Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

adorablesrini

Broken In
Hey guys i have been having some odd problems with my Sony DVD Writer DRU-A710(which i bought a year ago).I think its the lens which is giving problems.I was thinkin to clean it using a DVD-Cleaner DVD.Will that work for a Writer? If not suggest me some good ideas??

Thanks
 
OP
A

adorablesrini

Broken In
actually i am so apprehensive because earlier my CD Writer got screwed up because i cleaned it with a standard CD Lens cleaner.It messed with some thing and i started getting some error "power caliberation error".So thats y i was not so sure.Is there a special cleaning DVD for Writers?
 

Simple_Graduate

Broken In
If I use my wife's perfume to clean off the dust from the CD/DVD tray will there be any problem?

I ran out of spirit once...oh and what about using alcohol (booze)? :)
 

Gunner

Broken In
You can use sprays, but it depends on the alcohol content. Too much of anything is not good. What's the problem you're facing with your DVD writer anyway ?
 

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
U shud try cleaning the lens if u know how to do it.
and for some other ideas u cud try upgrading the firmware of ur DVD-Writer.
 

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
Simple_Graduate said:
If I use my wife's perfume to clean off the dust from the CD/DVD tray will there be any problem?

I ran out of spirit once...oh and what about using alcohol (booze)? :)
Don't do that. It may cause some problem.
 

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
adorablesrini said:
actually i am so apprehensive because earlier my CD Writer got screwed up because i cleaned it with a standard CD Lens cleaner.It messed with some thing and i started getting some error "power caliberation error".So thats y i was not so sure.Is there a special cleaning DVD for Writers?
Don't use any ordinary lence cleaner,which provides some liquides with it. Buy a good lence cleaner with soft brush on the disk to remove the dusts.
 

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
Gunner said:
You can use sprays, but it depends on the alcohol content. Too much of anything is not good. What's the problem you're facing with your DVD writer anyway ?
The liquid contains only alcohol[100% pure] will work. Any other mixure such as deo etc. will damage.
 
adorablesrini said:
Hey guys i have been having some odd problems with my Sony DVD Writer DRU-A710(which i bought a year ago).I think its the lens which is giving problems.I was thinkin to clean it using a DVD-Cleaner DVD.Will that work for a Writer? If not suggest me some good ideas??

Thanks

Hi, in also incidently have same writer, and is not working now at all, i used some cd lens cleaner-- chinese make and my writer is screwed up. also try upgrading the firmware version, the default is 1.0a but there is advancement for 1.0b or maybe new one might have come.

Dont worry its not only your drive, many resellers have told me this version has had serious problems, so the whole series is having the problem.
Poor Guys all the owners who got defective pieces of this!!!!1 :oops: :(
 
P

priyadarshi

Guest
can anyone please tell me how to upgrade the firmware of my DVD Writer that is SONY DVD RW DW-Q30A. Currently it displays YYS3 in Nero Info Tool. I'm I using the latest version?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom