DVD rom ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albatross

Right off the assembly line
I want to purchase a new DVD ROM but i dont know which one will be better. Can any one tell me, should i purchase a DVD ROM or a DVD Combo drive?

Guys m very much confused with this problem. :( :( . plz help help me out.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
welcome to the board mate....

it is already discussed...., u should have searched.
ok.
if u want a cd writer then go for a cd writer and a dvd rom seperately.
i believe samsung is the best available...

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
stay farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from the Samsung drives esp the writers....go for a Liteon either for a CD writers or for combo drives....

drgrudge

icecoolz said:
stay farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from the Samsung drives esp the writers....
dude, i told in my opinion, i have a cd rom and dvd rom drive both of samsung and it rocks, i dont know why most of u dont like it?
cd rom drive is 5 yrs old. still no tray problems.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
lol...nice one Pradeep.... drgrudge, exceptions do not make reccomendations...Samsung optical drives suck big time...period...ask a millions people and 1% might be on ur side. Its a known fact that Samsung optical drives develop issues after 6 months. Nothing against you mate but gotta tell the guy the facts. I should cos I own a Samsung drive :-(

melloowmel

Broken In
Go for Liteon. No margin for complaints. Buy seperate drives for DVD & CD writing. Combos have a higher rate of failure. On second thoughts, why don't u buy the Liteon Dual layer DVD writer- RS-5750/- !!! Best deal buddy.

drgrudge

pradeep_chauhan said:
drgrudge
Must be one of those freak accidents that happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude, i have the samsung cd rom for the last five years
still no problems..., not even tray probs and even it plays scratched disks too.

i am in love with my cd rom drive, my second love is dvd rom drive.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
drgrudge said:
icecoolz said:
stay farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from the Samsung drives esp the writers....
dude, i told in my opinion, i have a cd rom and dvd rom drive both of samsung and it rocks, i dont know why most of u dont like it?
cd rom drive is 5 yrs old. still no tray problems.

well buddy same here. the samsung cdrw is 2 yrs old and going strong and the samsung dvd rom is only coupla months old but no probs.

@icecoolz looks twice two freaky incidents eh ??? :lol:

senthilrek

Broken In
ok guy i will spill my advice. DONT GO FOR COMBO DRIVE. Buy it separately because if the drive goes wrong you may be in a condition to give the drive for service. Suppose if u are going for a separate drives (CDRW & DVD). If one goes wrong u can have other. More over do not go for Samsung and LG. Go for Sony or LITEON. I think so liton will be best. Further you can wait for some day (maybe months) wherein u can get a DVRW (Single layer) at affordable price( in 4 thousands now current rate is 6 thousands)

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
lol drudge believe me samsung SUXXX!!!

pradeep_chauhan is right sony smooth as silk :D sony rocks!!

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

drgrudge

cooljeba said:
lol drudge believe me samsung SUXXX!!!
dude, i am not going to buy, i already have two drives( dvd and cd).
understand me jeba, i am having for the past 5 years and still working fine here!

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Buying any optical drive from samsung is a sin....Take it from me, I've owned 4 drives....none were as bad as samsung.
Right now...LiteON, LG and Sony..in order.
And dr.grudge, don't repeat ur opinion again. I've already read it thrice :D

OP
A

Albatross

Right off the assembly line
hey guys thanks a lot for the replys, but plz tell me if i go for a combo dirive what problems can occure..... :?: :?:

busyanuj

In the zone
use Search feature of the forums, you'll find a lot of info on dvd rom drives, especially in the Hardware Discussion section of the forums.

*img129.exs.cx/img129/382/usesearch.jpg
© busyanuj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom