dvd rom or disc problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

uday_virgo

Broken In
hi
i am having toshiba dvd rom sd r2 512 cdr/rw combo on my laptop.
i have a dvd which runs well on my frnds dvd rom but doesnt run on my dvd rom.it just keeps on spinning and making grinding sounds.it does that for about 3-4 minutes.after that the light stops blinking.there is no dvd shown in my computer and even isobuster refused to see that.all softwares are just sayin that there is no dvd in the drive.plz tell me the soln.all other dvd's are runnin smoothly.theres problem with certain dvd's only.those dbvd's are ru nnin on my frnds dvd rom also but not on mine.
plz reply fast.

rohanbee

Padawan
This happened to me once as well, but your problem could be different. For me it was these two things:-

1. Dvd was scratched and hence would not load up.
2. Some format problem with a copied dvd.

Is this happening to all the dvd's that you are playing or only this one?

supernova

Mr. S Nova
it happens with me also but mainly with scratched DVD's. then run on some drives and don't run on others...........

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
If the Dvd is running on other system....

The lens of your drive is certainly dirty,

clean it with a lens cleaner!!!

premrajeev

Journeyman
This can happen with laptop drives. Usually, they are underrated in speed when compared to desktop versions. if u put a disc which is written on a high speed drive than ur drive, it wont recognize. this problem arises only on written dvd's.

otherwise, use a lens cleaner. Then, sometimes, some drives refuse to read certain discs. and others will read them perfectly.there is not much u can do with it.

Also, if it is an audio/video disc, pls check for the region.

This happens with my lappy sometimes, but those discs can be read perfectly in my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom