Dvd Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek_del

Journeyman
I tried to purchase DVD RAm...went to Nehru Place in Delhi but in vain...the shopkeepers themselves didn't knew what it was and couldn't say where I could get it..(not in Nehru place at least)...They didn't comment on whether they would be available anytime sooner or later...

Now can anyone please tell me where I can get a DVD RAM in Delhi and how much does it costs and if someone owns it..what use is it basically.

Thanks

cynosure

UbuntuUser
DVD RAM is like a floppy (Not literally but systematically):D. You format it using FAT32 (or any other format) and write data on them without using nero or other CD burning app.

HAve you used inCD??? After formatting the CDRW, you can write the data and/or delete it like you do on a hard disk, DVDRAM is like that. Its costly and most of the DVD burnes do not support it (At least mine does not:D)

Try searching google for shops, or you can order it online.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
abhishek_del said:
I tried to purchase DVD RAm...went to Nehru Place in Delhi but in vain...the shopkeepers themselves didn't knew what it was and couldn't say where I could get it..(not in Nehru place at least)...They didn't comment on whether they would be available anytime sooner or later...

Now can anyone please tell me where I can get a DVD RAM in Delhi and how much does it costs and if someone owns it..what use is it basically.

Thanks

DVD-RAM is considered a highly reliable format, as the discs have built-in error control and a defect management system. Therefore, DVD-RAM is perceived to be better than the other DVD technologies for traditional computer usage tasks such as general data storage, backup and archival.They are also used in some camcorders.
But they are very hard to find in India as far as I know. I can't suggest where you will find them. Maybe you can buy them online.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
No...Its from Webaroo Wikipedia*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif.
Sorry source dena bhool gaya..Mistake...

OP
A

abhishek_del

Journeyman
ya i knew the basic stuff what dvd ram is..just wanted to know whether its available in India..and also Digit guys did a survey on DVD Writers in Feb I think..they tested RAM media also...Dunno where they got it..they didn't mention that it was so hard to get

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Some new gen camcorders support DVD-RAM. Try and visit their showroom. Ask if they can get you some DVDRAM disks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom