Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Broken In
I have few movies on DVDs. Each DVD is of 7.29GB. I want to fit this one DVD into a standard 4.7GB DVD. I have tried NERO Recode, it gives me the option of editing the soundtracks, subtitles.

I have tried to leave out the 5.1 channel soundtracks which takes most of the space, then there are options for 1 channel and 2 channel. I had tried combinations of these two but when I get the main output, I get other languages in the movies other than english and some speech overlapping too.

To simplify I want to ask you all if you can suggest any software which can simply fit a 7.29 GB DVD(movie) into a standard 4.7 GB DVD which can be viewed on a normal DVD player, keeping everything same as the original DVD i.e.,the aspect ratio, picture quality, sound quality.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

escape7

What? Where? How?
Use a software known as split, it will split your dvd in two parts so you can actually copy the data into two normal dvds and view them...

47shailesh

Security Exp
Use Dr.DIVX it is the best shrink to whatever size (quality hardly compromised in case of DVD print i. e original)

OP
Fighter

Fighter

Broken In
Thanks shailesh, escape and blu...but my problem is that I want to make a 4.7GB DVD out of the source DVD which is near about 7.29GB.

DVDshrink just offers the same functionality as NERO Recode. Whenever I am analysing the source DVD get the following options for the soundtracks:
1.Dolby Digital 5.1-ch English 1004MB
2.Dolby Digital 5.1-ch English 388MB
3.Dolby Digital 1-ch English 84MB
1.Dolby Digital 2-ch English 310MB
2.Dolby Digital 1-ch English 163MB
2.Dolby Digital 2-ch English 412MB

Now if I am trying to chop off any of these parts to reduce the size of the output files then the one or two of the movies are getting problematic either they are going total silent or sounding hayward.

Please help me out friends.

47shailesh

Security Exp
yaar you can specify(4.7 in ur case) the size to which you want to compress a file in Dr.DIVX but format will be change to .divx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom