DVD player unable to run movie which played earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBP

Broken In
With my LG (DSC-9533CPM) DVD player I'm unable to run songs/movies which were played one month back in the same player. The first movie/first 20 songs is playing well, and while reading the remaining movies/songs it is hanging. Can anyone help me in this regard?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
If its dirty lens use Philips DVD/Cd lens cleaner.
Will get it for 150 Rs .Its basically a dry brush cleaner so wont spoil unlike the other cheap market variants.
And if it doesn work try chaning the CD or DVD as it may be damaged and then when nothing works take it for repairing..

OP
JBP

JBP

Broken In
Thank for suggestions guys... DVD is not scratched. Almost all DVDs I checked in the player. The outer tracks its unable to play and it simply hangs to read these outer tracks. May be it is bcoz of dust particles as u people suggested. I'm taking to service center, then I'll post wht can be done to solve this issue. Thanking u guys once again....

janitha

Wise Old Owl
JBP said:
Thank for suggestions guys... DVD is not scratched. Almost all DVDs I checked in the player. The outer tracks its unable to play and it simply hangs to read these outer tracks. May be it is bcoz of dust particles as u people suggested. I'm taking to service center, then I'll post wht can be done to solve this issue. Thanking u guys once again....

I used to get similar problems with an Asus DVD drive. (reading the initial tracks well and having read problems afterwards. using cleaning disc was of no use, and manually cleaning the lens gave slight improvement only.) Even my current DVD writer (DRU 810A) occasionally behaves like this, but only rarely. What I presume is that mostly the problem is with the disc itself (usually cheap DVD+/-Rs). And I never had such problems with CDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom