DVD Player Features....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shehan9999

Broken In
Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying a DVD player. Can you please suggest the features that I should be looking for ?

Is a DVD player affected by the region locking feature that a normal DVD ROM Drive has?

Thanks

funkymonkey

Journeyman
hi,
DVD player does have regional locking but some players are not locked. Ask the dealer before you buy.
Go for progressive scanning DVD player. Also look for Dolby Digital decoder and true 5.1 output and also HD output.
There is a ONIDA DVD player with all these features and also Philips one. both are less than 4K now.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well Most of The DVD players available now are Enriched With Many Features and most Are common....Like Dolbly Digital 5.1 Support,Dvd-r/Rw,Cd-R/Rw,Vcd 2.0,Jpeg (Not available in all players) Kodak Playback,S-Video Out,Progressive Scan,Digital Zoom Upto 8x,Picture Frerze Etc....these features are commonly applicable to most players....my advice more than features go in for quality and here comes in models Like Sony,Samsung,Lg Etc.....these have high performance lens and Quality features......and as for region locking Facility If u go in for cheaper and unbranded models then most are free from region locking and if branded ones Some may be free but some are prone to region locking.....just check it with your dealer or from its concerned website.... :D Chow mate happy Buying :)

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
perfect dvd player(onkyo) + gr88 decoder(yamaha) + awsome amplifier(onkyo) + thunderous speakers(B & W) + bright projector(onkyo) = BEST HOME THEATRE ON ROAD!!(Rs 30,00,000 for your house will be used up)......lol ...juzz joking

bhush_18

Broken In
Before buying just google for DVD player hack & you can unlock your DVD player to make it region free. There is a website where you can select the make & model to hack the region code to make it region free. 8)

TheGuru

Broken In
Onkyo DVD player - one of the best you can get... dvd-audio decoding, ultra thx certification, mp3, wma playback, boy!!! Oh! cost is cool tooo - 60K virtually eliminating any competition ;-)

Anyway, a sony DVD player is what I recommend. But, do look out for DVD-audio decoding (I don't think any model as yet supports this), SACD, SVCD... A Sony dealer told me that it was region-free AND one guy even went ahead and told me that DVD-audio == SACD. Don't be fooled by that - they are not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom