DVD or DIVX or MPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among DVD, DIVX and MPEG...DVD is the BEST one in quality but least one in quantity(size).

DVD is great quality(picture and sound) but takes heavy size.

DivX is good quality(picture&sound) least size just equal to mpeg-1

MPEG actually having 3 versions in video category they are mpeg-1 mpeg-2 and mpeg-4.

I think in your view you are asking about VCD(MPEG-1).... which is least quality among DVD Divx...

I will prefer divx because of good quality as well as least size.

Divx players(not softwares physical players) also available...so this one may be the next video generaion in common world. At present in IT world Divx is popular.

Check Below details...take decision which one is better:

TYPE------------------Resolution------------1 Minute file size

DVD(MPEG-2codec)------720 X 576---------------near to 50 MB
DivX((MPEG-4)-----------640 x 480 or lower-----1 to 10 MB
VCD(MPEG-1)-------------352 X 288-----------------10 MB

S

sunnydiv

avi eh :p

ne ways, based on current requirements ur best bet is XVID

i get near dvd quality results @ 756 kbps

if you compare quality with pirated stuff, then divx/xvid is ur best bet

as of orignals, DVD is good, but you can always encode divx with better bitrates

mamba

In the zone
so ....... v here 2 compare dvdz n vcdz :lol:

unless u have an oil well in the middle-east n thus have enough space 2 rip n store each dvd that comes ur way or 4 that matter ( remember u have the moolah :lol: ) buy each n every 1 of them u like at planet M :twisted: , i suggest u go with divx/xvid .

u can always alter things 2 ur liking . so as sunnydiv said , alter the bitrate 2 meet ur req. e.g. default audio ( mp3 ) encoding bitrate in Dr Divx is 64 kbps , u can bring it up2 128 ( the normal mp3 encoding value ) . but as u shud no , file size is proportional 2 the quality desired

chinmay

Journeyman
why d u need an oil well dude....jus go to pallika n buy copies of original dvds for 100 bucks....nad 160 gb hdds are also pretty cheap.....

btw i'll go 4 divx...its a correct proportion between size n quality...

mamba

In the zone
chinmay_d said:
why d u need an oil well dude....jus go to pallika n buy copies of original dvds for 100 bucks....nad 160 gb hdds are also pretty cheap.....

btw i'll go 4 divx...its a correct proportion between size n quality...

was referring 2 storing those dvdz in the original format , not converting them 2 divx or something 4 the ' fear ' of loss of some quality :D

most dvd moviez r bigger than 6GB , n that 160 GB hdd wont hold on 4 long . or even make that 2 of them if some1 is as big a movie buff as my frnd ( has bout 300 movies , scattered here n there )

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I recently Installed A1 DVD Ripper, and DivX Pro 5.2.1 . While Encoding a movie [XXX2] I set the setting to Max Quality and Slow Speed. Damn. The encoding was being done at 2fps !! Estimated time : 19 hrs. :( :(

paraman

Journeyman
MPEG4 is quite good too. I tried encoding some tv captures to that format and was quite pleased with the results. File size is small and picture quality is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom