DVD Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello friends!

I recently brought a DVD writer and now want to copy a few DVD's. I have a few problems and hope you guys can help me to come out of it. I did try to search for the same in this forum, but couldn't find an appropriate answer. So, if you guys dont mind, can you please guide me again...

1. I have a DVD which has five movies. Incase if I want to copy only one movie out of it to my HDD so that I can burn it to a DVD later when I get more movies of the type, how can I do that.

2. I have a few DVD's which has only one movie and is of about 4 GB in size. What can I do so that the size of the movie is reduced without loss in quality. I actually want to copy four to five movies in one DVD and therefore want to reduce the size.

3. I came across a few DVD5 which had multiple movies, and when I tried to disk copy the same to a DVD5 using Nero, it gave an error saying not enough space. When I checked for the total size of contents, it was about 5.4 GB. Now how is it possible that a DVD5 contains movie of 5.4 GB when the total space in a DVD5 is 4.7 GB only. I also saw a few DVD5 with movies of size more than 7 to 8 GB. Now, how can we write so much data in a 4.7 GB DVD.

4. As I am absolutely new in the field of DVD's, please guide in all respects relating to movies in DVD. Moreover, if any softwares are needed for achiving the above, please also recommend me the same.

Thank you.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
to answer question 1 and 2,u can use DVD Shrink
to extract a specific movie,it also allows to to set the size of the target file so u can shrink the movie to the desired size,however u must remember that there will always be some loss of quality when u reduce the size of the movie.

those DVD's which u saw containing 7 to 8 GB of data are dual-layer DVD's,that is they have 2 recordable surfaces instead of one so u can store upto 8152 MB of data on them.

DVD SHRINK--->*www.olmi.cz/dvdshrink32setup.zip

OP
go4saket

go4saket

thanks digital_bart, but those were not dual layers DVD's. I have very clearly wrote in the description that those were DVD5, which means they were Single layerd DVD's.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
That cannot be possible as u can only overburn around 100 MB of data on a DVD5.How did u identify that those disks were DVD5?

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Dual layer dvds are known as DVD9 and as said by dIgItaL_BrAt you can no way fit 8gb of data to a single layer dvd.

Regards...

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I have a few original Video DVD's and the problem is that I am unable to copy them. I even tried to make an image of it and also tried to go directly for DVD copy, but all options failed.

Is there any software with the help of which I can copy these CD's. I have tried Nero, Alcohol 120%, DVD Shrink, DVD Decriptor etc, but all failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom