Dvd Icon Is Disappeared From My Computer!!! Plzzz Help Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
DVD icon is not showing in MY COMPUTER!!

Dear friends,
Recently i upgraded my system to Intel celeron D 2.66Ghz, 512MB RAM, 40 GB hdd, LG dvd combo(LG GCC-4522B), intex tv tuner card.

Today i just Played PC TV by interVideo WinDVR after few minutes blue screen appeared and something was written on this: hardware failure.. memory or physical dump writing to memory 1..2..3 and so on. After restarting my computer everything is fine, but DVD icon is now disappered from "MY COMPUTER" when i checked it in "DEVICE MANAGER" it shows yellow exclamation mark and in driver status:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

i also clicked on "update driver" then it shows:
cannot continue hardware wizard.

Under Drivers details it showing all the files:
cdrom.sys;
imapi.sys;
redbook.sys;
incdpass.sys;
pfc.sys;
pxhelp20.sys;
storprop.sys

This is 2nd time i'm facing this problem, before this i've just re-installed my winXP and then it worked fine, but again it disappered. How can i solve this problem without re-installing XP???
My system is just 15days old. After re-installing it always works fine, but after 5-7days it always disappeared, if its corrupted then how i'll prove to vender thats it faulty coz it works fine after re-installing....... but I know my DVD COMBO is not faulty coz it working fine in command, i mean its able to read winXP installation cd via bios. But why its not working under wINDOWS????????????? Is it related to firmware problem?? if yes, how can i check my firmware version?? and from where i can update of firmware or its drivers??????

DVD COMBO MODEL: LG GCC-4522B

plzzzzzzzz help me......

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
First Make sure that wires are properly plugged and then repair your windows.Repairing Windows will repair your corrupted files.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
THIS SHOULD FIX IT

Click Start, then Run, then enter REGEDIT to open the Registry Editor
Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class entry
Under the Class entry, double click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right-hand pane, click ONCE to select the UpperFilters entry
Make sure the UpperFilters entry is highlighted, press Delete, then Yes.
In the right-hand pane, click ONCE to select the LowerFilters entry
Make sure the LowerFilters entry is highlighted, press Delete, then Yes.
Close the Registry Editor by clicking File, Exit.

Restart your computer, and the CDROM drive should now show up on the My Computer screen.

give ur feed back if this works or not

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Today i tried to repair winXP. After checking C:/ drive when my pc reboot for re-installation file then it asked for 'asms' file (that time 39 minutes was left) not a single % file copied.
the error message was this:

The file 'asms' on windows XP PRO SP2 CD is needed.

Type the path where the file is locate and then click OK.
Copy files from
Global root\Device\CDROM0\i386
Copy files from

When i clicked it on G: drive (cd rom) it didn't copied anything..

When i cancelled.. i got this error message:

An error has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing. One of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.
The operation was cancelled by the user.
Press Ok to view the setup log file

soooooooooo finally i format my c:/ drive and re-installed XP but if again it will happen in future then what i'll do???? Now my cd/dvd rom icon is back and working fine.....

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
did u try what i suggested be4 formatting????

If it happens again then ytry doing what i have suggested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom