DVD Format confuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I recently rented a DVD of Troy, I copied all the files on my hard drive and watched the movie in VLC media player in WinXP. It is an English movie with some part of the movie in Greek (I don't know if it is exactly Greek), there was no translation written. Since some part of the movie was in Greek I could not understand it fully and hence I decided to watch it again and this time I watched it on Linux in Xine Player.
I was astonished to notice that the total movie was in English and there was no Greek at all! I decided to investigate this matter and checked again in WinXP, I installed K-Lite Codec Pack and played the movie in Zoom Player, WM10, VLC, PowerDVD, WinDVD to my surprise all had a little bit of Greek portion in it and that Greek portion when player in Xine it was English. This is one case
The second one, I had downloaded a Telugu movie Anand which was in DivX format. I played it in WinXP (all the players mentioned above were used), so far so good. I, now played it in Xine and found the translation in English written through out the movie which was not found in WinXP when the same movie was played. These two instances have completely blown me out, and I wonder what was happening. I want to know why Xine played Troy completely in English while other players in WinXP played some portion in Greek and why I saw English translation written through out the movie Anand when it was played in Xine but the same movie when played in WinXP did not have the translation written.

ishaan

Padawan
the different softwares took different audio streams to be the default one

just go to the options of the player wile playing d dvd...normally u can jus rite clik on d screen and look for d audio options...select english (or whatever u want) and it should b fine

same thing for subtitles

sometimes instead of saying 'english' it is written track01, track02, etc or in the subtitles option it may be sum weird numbers like 56392 or something...so jus try em out until u find d right one

normally, english is the first option

OP
jamesbond007

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Bingo!! Its done man.
Thanx Ishaan, I mean this subtitles are really wonderful, now I can play the movies with translation, with English and Greek as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom