DVD drives and Writers capable to read scratched discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Could somebody suggest brands of DVD Writers/ Drives capable of reading even scratched discs like some of the DVD players. Also how?

V.Prem Kumar

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
U shld go for Pioneer. It is the best DVD writer that can also read scratched discs and it is rated golden buy by digit.

So Pioneer is the best

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Samsung Drives, no matter how bad their tray is, is the best of reading scratched discs.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Keith Sebastian said:
animator21 said:
U shld go for Pioneer. It is the best DVD writer that can also read scratched discs and it is rated golden buy by digit.

So Pioneer is the best

My vote too.

-k

May I know roughly how much the Pioneer will cost, ie. D Layer?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Keith Sebastian is right it will not cost u more than 5500 Rs. I am also going to buy Pioneer DVD Writer.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
AcceleratorX said:
Sony is excellent at error correction, you can consider Sony as well. :)

Samsung is also quite good.

The latest meodel Nos. of Pioneer and Sony please. Samsung I dont prefer since everybody seems to be against it in case of optical drives.

Thanks to you all.
V.Prem Kumar

Biplav

In the zone
samsung has the BEST lens among all the dvds and cds.
it will read almost anything
but yah the only con is the tray problem

drgrudge said:
Sony:
720-b

Pioneer:
107D

But better than these to we have Benq 1620/1640 :D

Pioneer should be 109D or greater. I bought a 107D in mid 2004 in Aus for AUD165. It's too old and dated. BTW it's single layer (write) only. 109D's where as cheap as AUD95 in March.

-Keith

Biplav

In the zone
no idea saurabh. about the tray problems.
if it has been then samsung shud get gud response NOw from the market

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The latest Samsung models have made some revisions to the tray design, and the tray problems have noticeably reduced from before (I personally dont have any tray problems with my Samsung combo).

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
AcceleratorX said:
The latest Samsung models have made some revisions to the tray design, and the tray problems have noticeably reduced from before (I personally dont have any tray problems with my Samsung combo).

Then what about the cost of Samsung. And the latest model no. If possible, cochin prices because I am from Thrissur in Kerala

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I think Pioneer,
my frd has a dvd writer...
spl. bcoz his cds n dvds are scrached up,
he is very careless in keepin those...
it plays all....

arunbj

Broken In
Go 4 liteon or asus. They have the best error reading capability. I own a asus
dual layer dvd writer which reads scratched dvd's not read by sony dvd roms

AlienTech

In the zone
Well I just take out the DVD reader from my desktop player and hook it up to my PC. It seems to work the best. Haven't had much luck reading scratched DVD's on any PC ROM drives. Or maybe I do but I am impatient and give up after its been running for 5 hours. But those DVD players, they have turned off error correction and since after 2 tries you cant read the data back properly anyway, it just sends the data it got. PC drives will keep trying for ever to fix the bad data. The only drive you can turn it off on is the Plextors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom