DVD Drive reads CD but not DVD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wunder_boy_in

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

My Samsung DVD ROM Drive reads only CD Disc it is not reading DVD disc.It has been working fine for One year the problem started a week ago it is not even showing the DVD contents on explorer will servicing the drive will do any good or i have to go for a new drive

pls help me on this matter urgently

rgds

nitin2526

Right off the assembly line
hey im having the same prob dude...i tried it on ma frnds machine too to b sure...these samsung drives r rlly ineffective with the trays n lens... i went wth my drivwe to samsung service center bt thy refused to repair my drive cz its outside warranty period...dam..i recomend chck ur warranty n go to repair bfre it expires n if u r plannin to buy a new 1...dun evn think of samsung...go fr sony...

Vyasram

The pWnster
samsung rite, i'm afraid u cant do much abt it.

Solution:

Remove ur drive from the cabinet and do any of the following

1) Smash it
2) Rip it off
3) Sell it to an old-metal things trader
4) Remove the screws in it and then throw the drive away(the screws might be useful)
5) Do anything you want
6) If ur boss is irritating u, dont search for a stone to bust his head, use the drive
7) Keep it with urself as a reminder never to buy samsung drives again

and after doing any one of the above steps buy a sony or liteon drive (never buy samsung)

This is the only solution that works

Best Soln:
If urs is within the warranty period and the service guyz say, "Itz common with samsung drives, u just gotta live it"; goto the service centre again with a voide recorder in ur pocket, record what they say and sue samsung for 1658567346457 bucks

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
This whole thread is lol'ed up :p :lol:

Adding more options...

1. Change the lens and spend more money than buying a new drive by doing so...

2. Go to samsung service centre and bang it on the manager's head asking him to look whats wrong, find whats wrong and then ask him to keep it for himself...

3. Learn about how drives are constructed by peeling each part apart

4. Sell it off to some second hand dealer (Demonstrate by sticking a 'DVD' sticker on a cd and show him that it runs DVD fine)

Bottomline - Samsung 'Sammy' Su*ks (SSS)

Vyasram

The pWnster
Re: hello

rollcage said:
tech_mastermind said:
Are you sure it is a DVD-ROM ?

Oh.. thats funny :lol: .. but dont spam man

Yeah, itz funny along with his avatar

3. Learn about how drives are constructed by peeling each part apart

Remove the drive, screw out the parts (coz samsung screwed it up),and learn how NOT to make an optical drive.

Prefer a sony or liteon drive if u really wanna learn how optical drives are made

hermit

Journeyman
my Samsung dvd writer is on warenty and gone for repair for past 1 month no result yet can u believe ,

i have a peculiar problem when i ejected dvds it would fall in tray and rotate .

after first service problem was not solved now i have given for second service hoping for good

next buy sony

Vyasram

The pWnster
i used 2 samsung drives b4, one cd writer n one dvd rom. They both get their trays ejected all the time and never read or write, they were just 6 months old. I gave one to my vendor for good money(he was a fool to buy this) but i'm still havin my dvd rom.

No matter u give it for service or not, your problems will not be solved . just wastin ur time and money. Best thing is to dump it and go 4 a sony or liteon dvd writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom