DVD drive not working properly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Hi,

I 've got a SONY DVD ROM, just 2months old...the problem is that many dvd's getstuck while playing....some get stuck at diff parts of the same movie wen i try it several times....it works well in other SONY DVD ROM's .But some dvd's work fine ....n there is no problem with mag dvd's like that of digit's... my s/m config is P3 1GHz, 256mb RAM....i use WIN XP ;what wud be the reason...??? ny idea...??? I've went for the 'Best Performance' settings in WINXP.

regards
Windchimes

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Which software are u using for watching movies??Try leaning the lense......are the DVDs in good condition??

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
hi,

I've enabled DMA.....n also the s/w's i use include WINDVD or Media Player classic comin alng with K-Lite codec pack or Win Media Playr 10.....
what wud b the problem...?? n as far as cleaning is a soln... i told u itz just 2 months old...hardly used.....

regards
Windchimes

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
SONY DVD ROMS r very particular abt Media Quality. Cheap medias won't be read by the ROM.
I have a SONY too, it geta stuck too when I try to use really cheap DVD media.
Also the error maybe due to inherent fault in the MPG/DIVx file u r trying to play. VLC sometimes skips the error and plays the file, but WMP and others often get stuck. Best strategy in handling such files is to copy them to HDD then attempt to play them becoz DVD seek time is greater than HDD seek time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom