DVD drive not reading DIGIT dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
today i bought a samsung dvd writer . although it plays the dvd which was given with it and also movie dvds .. it does not play any of my digit dvd's ... pls tell me wht to do ...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
That's really, really weird. :? Do the Digit DVDs show up in My Computer when you load them? Because if they load up, but refuse to autorun then it could be because of the security settings of Windows XP SP2 in case you're running that or a problem with the Autorun itself, which can be fixed. But can't you access it via the My Computer window?

the digit dvds do not show up in 'my computer' . and i m not using sp2 ... its just win xp . i cant even see the name of the dvd in my comp .. when i click on the dvd drive ..a blank page comes

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Man, I am stumped! It reads movie DVDs and other media but refuses to read Digit DVDs. Do something. Go here to this page:
*www.samsungodd.com/eng/LiveUpdate/FWDownload/FWDownload.asp

and check if you have the latest firmware for your drive. if you dont, try upgrading your firmware and tell us what happens. Also, can you play other CDs, DVDs etc. or is the problem just for the Digit DVDs/CDs alone?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Sometimes there may be problem with ur digit DVD as well. Not even a single DVD worked? Or only this one?

enoonmai said:
Man, I am stumped! It reads movie DVDs and other media but refuses to read Digit DVDs. Do something. Go here to this page:
*www.samsungodd.com/eng/LiveUpdate/FWDownload/FWDownload.asp

and check if you have the latest firmware for your drive. if you dont, try upgrading your firmware and tell us what happens. Also, can you play other CDs, DVDs etc. or is the problem just for the Digit DVDs/CDs alone?

THNK YOU.... now its working . everything is fine . i just downloaded the firmware .thnks once again . man, you have hit a huge SIX .

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
No problem, buddy. Glad to have helped. This just reinforces my hate for Samsung drives. This is the first time I am hearing an OOB drive not being able to read DVDs without a firmware upgrade. :x Man, they need to seriously get their act together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom