DVD data invisible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I burned the Data DVD in my frnds PC....it was burned succesfully but
when i inserted the DVD in my DVD-Writer it is invisible with free space/used space : 0 bytes...

But its working fine in his laptop & his Desktop PC....wats the problem :?

Is it possible 2 recover the files :shock:

rocky_om

Sys***** IBM India.......
what is the DVD type ? I think Your system DVD drive is not a DVD Multi Writer. As a result it is not compatible with the DVD.

paroh

Padawan
Same type of problem occurs with me but with data cd.
Cd is burned but no data is shown .
I used a trial version of clone cd and made a clone of that cd and when i mounted that clone image it shows me the data. i don't know why it is not showing data on the orignal cd.

software used -trial version of clone cd.
and virtual clone drive

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

what is the DVD type ? I think Your system DVD drive is not a DVD Multi Writer. As a result it is not compatible with the DVD.

it is showing RAW as format of the Data...I have DVD Writer....& wats multi writer ???:D

Use ISO Buster...
If theres data, u'll get it...;)

R u sure...it will work..

well i was thinking of using "recover my files..." app:D

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
R u sure...it will work..

well i was thinking of using "recover my files..." app:D

I'm pretty much sure it'l work.
We used to use it to recover data from CD/DVDs having used to write multiple sessions.
It happens sometimes in case of multi session disks that some sessions are suppressed, u can't c them but they are there.
The trick comes handy in this type of problem too. Try the software and post ur experience.:rolleyes:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
it seems your drive has become faulty. is it reading the digit or chip DVDs or any other DVD? this happens sometimes after the drive becomes old. my friend also experienced this problem for some time, then the drive stopped reading anything.

PhB

Jughead!!!
Since your drive shows 0 bytes it means the drive is not being able to detect the disc.
This happens sometimes, more often with less known branded dvds. Even brand new dvd drives fail to read dvds sometimes. The solution would be to use the dvd on another drive. Sometimes cleaning the lens also works. Putting the disc on the tray and inserting and ejecting the tray some 10 times also may work but try this only when the disc is damaged or the dvd lens is very dirty.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

it seems your drive has become faulty. is it reading the digit or chip DVDs or any other DVD? this happens sometimes after the drive becomes old. my friend also experienced this problem for some time, then the drive stopped reading anything.

No..it is not faulty..it reads all other DVD/CD except the one i mentioned....it is 1yr old. :D

try ISO Buster ........ it will show u all ........

hey i tried as i,ve said :mad: no luck

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
then the disc must be faulty, try some other brand, moser baer is good in blank media but a bit expensive than ordinary ones.

linkin park

Broken In
Same is the case with me my mini DVD would record and display video on TV but my DVD drive (on computer ) won't recognise it and won't detect it.help me too

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Then your drive is faulty, connect it in a friend's place and use the same dvd to test. If it doesnt work still, update firmware or replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom