dvd capacity...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
hello guys..!!

im just gt mah dvd writer working...and im all exctd to use it...bt thrs one prob...!!

ive gt a lot of movies...including some series as well...like the fast and furious..

i want all the three movies to be written on one dvd....bt wen i add one 700 mb odd .avi file in the nero dvd "add files" menu...the status bar at the bottom shows tht already around 2.7 gb odd space has already been taken up by a 700mb avi file[coz nero converts it automatically into a dvd format...]

i wnt to knw tht hws it possible tht we get local dvd consisting of evn 4 movies altogthr in one dvd with the best sound and video quality,,,,,???
also wat do i need to do if i need to write 2 or 3 movies in one dvd,.???
compress the avi[original format of the movie file] or wat??

pls help me..!!

thnks in advnce...

manan

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i write movies in avi format to dvds. i manage to fit in about 6 movies per dvd and they work in most dvd players and obviously all computers

ashfame

Padawan
pannaguma said:
^^ may be he wants to use it in a standalone DVD player
dats what I am saying guys!:evil:
Data DVDs will be played by DVD players which support MPEG4 playback with the same size of file :D :D (of avi)!

ashfame

Padawan
pannaguma said:
afaik dvd players dont directly read avi files.
dude, read ma post carefully!
I am repeating DVDs with MPEG4 support will play them directly from a data DVD!:D
Although they might not support some old codecs but they work fine with new & recent ones!!

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
guys i dnt think mah dvd playr supports direct playbak...i ll hv to convert the files into dvd format first...nw pls tell me a gud softwre fr the conversion...so that i can fit in 3, 4 movies in one dvd atleast...
also give me the link fr the softwre ..!!!

manan

ashfame

Padawan
magneticme200 said:
guys i dnt think mah dvd playr supports direct playbak...i ll hv to convert the files into dvd format first...nw pls tell me a gud softwre fr the conversion...so that i can fit in 3, 4 movies in one dvd atleast...
also give me the link fr the softwre ..!!!
manan

If ya convert avi, file size will increase & then u won't b able to fit 3/4 movies in a dvd but if you can compromise on quality then it wil b possible!

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
ax3 said:
data DVDs ............. frd ........ else it will b converted 2 mpeg & thus taking more space & less movies in ur DVD .........

happy ritting .............

didnt get ya frnd....!!!
if i write a data dvd...thn will hav a dvd menu that conventional dvds have???
and will writing a simple data dvd enable it to play in normal dvd players???

manan

xbonez

NP : Crysis
well, if u want you can put in a menu using some softwares. not very diff. infact it can be done using nero only. if u make a data dvd of avi files or mp3 files, it can be played in nost of the dvd players

clmlbx

Technomancer
winavi is the best software to convert any files into dvd

IT is also possible with nero but u have to change some settings .

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
clmlbx said:
winavi is the best software to convert any files into dvd

IT is also possible with nero but u have to change some settings .

k...bt does converting with winavi increase the size of the avi file.....??
like in nero...convrtng a 700 mb avi file made it to somethng like a 2.5gb dvd format file....!!

pannaguma

Turn The Page
ashfame said:
dude, read ma post carefully!
I am repeating DVDs with MPEG4 support will play them directly from a data DVD!:D
Although they might not support some old codecs but they work fine with new & recent ones!!

i get it, u mean divX players. but divX players have been around only for abt 12-15 months, and not many people with old and working dvd players would have bought divx players.:D

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
guys havnt gt the answer or solution fr mah prob as yet....was outta town a few days....
wat do i do if the movies i have mostly are in avi format....???
hw do i convert thm to mpeg4(if my dvd playr ever supprts it...which i ll come to knw only aftr i write one dvd)..???
and finally if my dvd playr doesnt supprt it thn wat do i do to have my avi files converted to dvd format video files???
avi files do get convrtd bt the files of size 700mb around turn upto 2.5gb wen convrtd in dvd format thru nero..!!!

pls help me out guys..!!

manan

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Try using virtual dub for .avi=>.mp4. But then youll have to do everything manually. There is no automatic wizard. And converting movie format will take time. Mine takes around 4-5 hours for a Xvid compression of a 720MB movie.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
tell me some othr alternative as well bro..!!
coz i hv chkd...mah dvd player doesnt supprt mpeg4 format..!!
it supprts only normal dvd format and also of course vcd format as well..!!
help guys,,!

manan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom