DVD burning ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
hi all. whats d single file size limitation for DVD burning? i'm trying to burn a single 4.3Gb file but nero fails to burn it. Can u ppl plz tell me how can i burn it.. which file system shall i use? or any other DVD burning software.. :(

OP
amitava82

amitava82

MMO Addict
ya i hav NTFS and 6Gb free disk space for temp dir for nero.
first time i tried with nero 7 Ultra to burn, in the midway nero said "Burning Process failed". again at 98% and again at "lead out". its not a issue of media. i'm using branded RW media. then again i tried with my OEM that came with my benq 1640. this time i got that i can not add file larger than 2Gb. whats wrong? please help... :?:

legolas

Padawan
do u hav nero 7 the first release? or the latest one? coz the first release had "121347235428423412" number of bugs and seems the new release 7.0.14 i guess is good. if so try it. i prefer going back to nero 6.6 itself coz i personally feel nero started s*cking after version 6!! jus a few ideas...

/legolas

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Actually your issue is quite common. Altho a DVD has 4.3 GB of space all is not available for burning. Some space is lost when the disk gets formatted. What you need to do is enable over bruning on Nero. Altho this is not a successful way this might get your data copied or you might have a coaster...

legolas

Padawan
@con_tester, if its a single file of 4GB u WUD face the problem... apparently a dvd movie contains a max file size of 1 GB with a VOB file.

@icecoolz did u just say that we lose space??? come on!!! its a 4.7 GB DVD which means that its 4.7*1000^3 bytes, the standard used for manufacturing and if u convert it to the original size its 4.7*1000^3/1024^3 which is 4.37GB = 4482 KB!!! which is absolutely right and u can burn this amt definitely and no amt is lost coz of "formatting"!! u got the formatting part wrong i guess!

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom