Dual Soundcards ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Nope. you can't. This will result in IRQ conflicts, making your PC seriously unstable. No harm though.

sashijoseph

In the zone
You can connect 2 sound cards.I have done it before....one for playback and the other for recording.You'll have to set up the recording software to use the second card.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup, can do it..but itll lead to confusion most of the times. especially in games. Some games can choose b/w sounds nd soem cannot. So ur stuck.
Uve to select nd configure properties for eacj nd every apps that deals with ny knda sounds like musik player, video player, games etc.

OP
T

thrash_metal

In the zone
hmmm , so quite a problem regarding conflicts . The problems I am facing is the tone quality on my Audigy 2 ZS platinum Pro is just pathetic (only during recording) , the playback is superb no doubt . So I'm thinking of a dedicated card for recording and monitoring like the M audio 4*4 . How can I proceed in this case ??

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@thrash_metal
in most apps, the card on the first PCI slot will be default, or the one which is used by windows ad default.
In games like UT 04, u can switch b/w then ingame. Then u can see the diff b/w each of them.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
hmmm , so quite a problem regarding conflicts . The problems I am facing is the tone quality on my Audigy 2 ZS platinum Pro is just pathetic (only during recording) , the playback is superb no doubt . So I'm thinking of a dedicated card for recording and monitoring like the M audio 4*4 . How can I proceed in this case ??

two sound cards if similar will not result in any conflict.i dont think M-audio and audigy would be compatible.btw a single M-audio 1010lt\ESI 1010 will be sufficient for ur work.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
i think he needs the playback quality of his currnt audigy nd the recording quality of M audio. So he wanna use 2 sound cards for these two purposes.
If he uses M audio for recording only, then there is not much of a conflicts.
Set the default audio h/w as audigy nd all recording s/w has audio input source h/w selectin, where he shud select that m aduio.
Its simple

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
well if the cards are incompatible he will suffer blue screens,freeze ups,etc.
@thrash_metal why do you think M-audio wont sound good in playback ?sell this audigy and get a better sound card.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try CMI X-Meridian. In sound quality it beats Xfi nd also gr8 at recording. But lacks features wjich Xfi has. Its also cheaper than Xfi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom