Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhil

Broken In
help.....i am thinking about purchasing a dth but i don't know much about it...which brand is better...what about the warrantty? can it be installed by my self? what is the reception like?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm, the DD direct plus is the cheapest here!
Just rs. 2500 for the dish antenna and STB and u get 17 DD channels + 12 private free channels+ 8-9 radio stations. I dont know abt the service or reception though. :twisted:

I case you want private pay channels as well, go for DISH TV . We will have to pay for STB, dish antenna and for the channels as well..., we get a lot of channels , as much as 125 channels.

There was already a discussion on this topic, but i couldn't find it, mayabe i dint search with the right keywords.

babumuchhala

In the zone
DD Direct Plus is as the name sugests frm Prasar Bharti (DD) and its package is dominated by DD channels and has some free to air channels and radio. For this all u need to get is a Set Top Box and a DTH antenna from anywhere u want to and enjoy it. (Its a free service)

Dish TV is frm Zee and has got almost all channels available. Its like u have to pay fr wat u want to see and ur monthly bill depends on that. Its min is something Rs 125 and will go on increasing as u add more channels in ur boquet. last time i had enquired it had an offer running where u had to pay Rs 12000 one time fr installation, membership, set top box, anntenna and all channels fr 2 years after which u pay per channel.

babumuchhala

In the zone
Just forgot to add that DishTV or any other DTH providers Set top box and antenna will work for DD Direct plus, but not vice versa

drgrudge

nikhil said:
what about the brand? which one do u thiik is better? any suggesttion?
Both are good, (but reception wise, i have no idea).

DD direct plus offers yu free service but you get only free to air channels.

Dish TV is costly but you get pay channels as well.

OP
nikhil

nikhil

Broken In
i ran across a mag.(a financial one) which had a article on dth...quite informative.....am i allowed to mention the mag. name? it's the latest issue anyway the mag. topic writer conclusion was wait for some more time until more players enter the field.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
might be inline with the topic , but r there any plans of DESTROYING CAS from chennai ??????????

babumuchhala

In the zone
Yes please name the MAG as its a financial mag it has nothing to do with Digit. As since we all freely name Chip(its biggest competitor) now and then.
Also give us some details abt the article.

drgrudge

klinux said:
might be inline with the topic , but r there any plans of DESTROYING CAS from chennai ??????????
Do you like this CAS thing?
It sucks , IMO :evil:

I can see only the doordarshan and the trash of free to air channels.

Only discovery travel and living, NDTV 24X7, NDTV profit, BBC, and very few others is good. MTV was free and even that is cr@ped now... :evil:

I dont know why we have to suffer, when other enjoy pay channels....

medpal

Medic on Call!!
the dish tv package for the time being is too costly to operate in my city. that too without any channels of start tv group as star has not yet linked its channels.

only espn and star sports are available on dish tv.

there is also problem with sony group too.

if you plan to use all the channels and then you may end up paying around 650 -700 rupees per months.

and right now there no stbs with multi card options so a wait is worth till we get more players and more mature market.

till then local cable wallah with 230 bucks rental and 65 channels almost all worthy channels are in list and plus many more local movie channels.

OP
nikhil

nikhil

Broken In
the mag which i was referring to is OUTLOOK MONEY mag dated 28 feb 2005 pg 64-65. nice article since it gives us the basic idea on the dth subject.....any suggestions on where i can get more info...especially for a city like lucknow

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
nikhil said:
i ran across a mag.(a financial one) which had a article on dth...quite informative.....am i allowed to mention the mag. name?
I've occasionally come across questions similar to this one. For God's sake, this is a free country, isn't it ? I know this is a proprietary moderated forum, but I sure hope such questions arose out of over-timidity and not because some past posters were intimidated from ever mentioning any other magazine.

I believe the mods and admins should be broadminded enough to allow references to any other mag, including direct competitors, so long as the reference is relevant.

As it happens, someone brought in a Dish TV system for testing yesterday. He got permission from the dealer to let me test it so that he can make up his mind about buying it. I'll post the results after I've had a chance to test it.

never know much about dish
but after getting informations from all you guys
can you tell me is it work for one box for one tv or one box for more than one tv??
clear it !!!!
Thx

krisjr

In the zone
hey mate,y ru even thinking of goin dish just yet..there r few issues to be sorted out.the price is stil high.let ppl purch ten u decide..same wit any new tech,dont u think..tenonly u wont regret later.dish tv is very costly.the channel bundles r also **** costly..

multi

lazy bone
while travelling Jammu & Kashmir i have saw many users for Dish tv , even our Indian Army is also using it there .
:D
as per performance & package dish tv is better option

Charley

Just Do It
Dishtv, the ground breaking direct-to-home entertainment service, brings the power of choice. Entertainment in different languages and packages.
Over 100 channels on offer and growing.
From movies, sports, children programming, news and religious programs anywhere and anytime.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Yes the army extensivly uses the DTH system for ent. Its good and makes you feel at home after a long days work. The reception is crystal clear and the sound quality is amazingly good.

babumuchhala

In the zone
neerajvohra said:
never know much about dish
but after getting informations from all you guys
can you tell me is it work for one box for one tv or one box for more than one tv??
clear it !!!!
Thx
Brother unfortunately one has to use ONE SET TOP BOK FOR EACH TV.
This is the thing thats really bad

OP
nikhil

nikhil

Broken In
can it be installed by myself.....what comes with the kit...besides the dish and the set up box and cable....which direction should the dish be pointing? does it necessary be on the roof? i live in an apartment ....if i install it on the roof then cabelling will a problem...i will require a lot of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom