drivers clashing????

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel

Broken In
i recently bought a che-ez webcam cum pocket cam...

but when i tried 2 use it as a webcam in yahoo messenger...

it was not starting.. then i figure out that my tv tuner card drivers were

clashing with it.... and when i disabled the tv tuner card drivers

it started workin properly.... so everytime i have 2 use the webcam

i have 2 disable the tv tuner card drivers, is there a permanent way

to get around this problem...

thanx

angel

squid_rocks

Right off the assembly line
hey pal,
I think it could also in some way concerend with ur OS.
Which OS do u have?
Try getting latest drivers from the "tv tuner" vendor or the "web-cam" vendor, that are compatible with each other.
Also there could be patches provided by any of those 2, check it out.

cheers!
-=H=-

suave_guy

pedal to metal
Hello,

Well if ur camera has a video out port then u can try one trick....

Well tv tuners and webcam use the same WDM capture drivers(by default) so there is high probability that the trick will work.

If your tv tuner card supports composite video then open ur tv tuner card software and select 'composite video' as a default source instead of ctv.

Plug in the audio/video cable which u must have got along with your camera into the video out port of the camera. Plug the other side of the audio/video cable into the composite in port of ur tv tuner card. This side of the cable is generally y-shaped(2 pins) one for the audio and one for the video. Thats why we call it as a audio/video cable. Plug the yellow(standard) pin into the 'composite video' socket and plug the white(standard) pin into the 'audio in' of ur tv tuner card so that it can also capture audio through the camera's mic.

After the connection is done make sure to select composite video in from the tv tuner software. After that switch on ur camera and you should be able to see camera's live video in the monitor screen. If u cant see anything then make sure that the connection is done properly.

After doing all this turn off the tv tuner card software, with composite video selected as a source and now go to yahoo messenger and start ur webcam. You will be able to see the same screen u saw in the tuner software, and now you can broadcast the live video to others. in other words ur working with ur camera without disabling any drivers. Infact using them for ur own good!.

The idea is very simple. Your yahoo messenger will always be using tv tuner capture driver as you've not disabled them, and in turn ur tv tuner card is actually using ur digi cam for capture. So indirectly ur messenger is using ur digicam. :)

Do give it a shot before trying anything else.

Enjoy!

OP
A

angel

Broken In
some details...

tv tuner card: has composite, and other stuff

camera: just 1 way 2 connect 2 pc, thats the usb port..

so is there any other way... 2 stop the buggin driver clash..

thanx

angel

sabman

Broken In
i too am facing the same problem but with my scanner n webcam...is there any way to solve it ...or shld i get the updated drivers....also my video controller VGA compatible is saying it cannot work coz of some error which i thnk happened after connecting the scanner.....so plz some one help me out with this "driver clashing"???

OP
A

angel

Broken In
hey sabman...

i havent found any solution for it till now...

so at present,,, i m workin 1 thing at a time....

i have disabled the tv tuner card drivers from the hardware panel...

so when ever i want to use the tv tuner card, i have 2 enable it...

and vice versa

thanx

angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom