Drive recovery..

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hello! everybody, I have a Seagate 40GB Hard disk with 4 partitions, each of which is approx 10GB. Now, recently, I installed LINUX onto my E: But then , I wished 2 remove it. In the OPEN SOURCE forum, I was advised by someone to go to the LOGICAL DISK MANAGER (in WINDOWS XP) and delete the used partition for LINUX.
Now, LINUX had made 2 partitions on E: (one for storing and another for SWAP). Anyways, I deleted the E: from the manager and along with my E:, my F: also got removed.. I lost a lot if data...
I have a few questions:
:arrow: How come my F: was alos deleted?
:arrow: Moreover, when the DISK MANAGER showed about 18.9 GB free disk space and I started the WIZARD to make a new Drive (Logical). But, whatever options I chose (i.e. NTFS or FAT32, or custom disk spce) at the end, it showed me that it was not able to create a drive. It said "Restart the Logical Disk Manager, or Restart your computer. refer to System Log for more details.. What should I do? ? ?

knopixd

Right off the assembly line
plz right click on mycomputer
click on manege
click on disk manegment
it will show u all ur patition including linux
then right click on linux partition and convert it

into logical drive

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
But my drives hve already been removed and I see the combined size of LINUX drive (E: ) and Windows (F: ).. So, can I get my data back?

busyanuj

In the zone
if you went ahead for Linux installation, then Linux has probably formatted the area occupied by your E drive and F drive by now. so you won't be able to recover it.
'cause linux formats the partition at the beginning of the installation.

technoteen

Journeyman
if you had data on your f drive even after your installation of linux , i mean to say you were able to access your f: from xp then your data may be safe

you should try "stellar phoenix" data recovery software for recovering your data

but first and foremost advice that do not create new partions on your drive, infact dont do anythng in that freespace of your drive

and it will more helpfull if you would give the partition information exactly as given disk manegment utility of win xp (to access it use "diskmgmt.msc" command from run window )

Kannan

In the zone
Yes technoteen is correct, don't modify any partitions, Load the Stellar Phoenix and it will be able to recover the files.

Stellar Phoenix is a great piece of software !!

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Where can I find Stellar Phoenix? Plz help me quick.. I was able 2 access my F: even after installing LINUX on E: (hda6) . Plz give me its website or in which DIGIT DVD/CD it could be available..

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Anyways, I hve searched for Stellar Phoenix and the download is in progress (for FAT32) . Now, lets see what happens.. Anyways, guys, can you tell me what to do next now??

technoteen

Journeyman
now let stellar phoenix search your drive using slelct harddisk option
then select the search for logical drives option and then the standard search option and just wait and relax till it retrives all the information
then deselect all files and slect only those files from your f drive which you dearly want(which you cannot get from any other place) i am saying so because data recovery is a very time consuming and error prone, the less you try to recover the better qualtiy of recovery (atleast that happened with me)
need more help just pm me

Kannan

In the zone
You can find Stellar Phoenix which works for both FAT32 and NTFS here *www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm

But they have other types to. Check their products menu.

You can find downloads here
*www.stellarinfo.com/download.htm

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hey but atleast the program could give me a demo. I found all the files of my F: which I wanted. But the moment I clicked on Recover files icon on the toolbar, it said "buy the software". Atleast the program could give me a demo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom