drive letters

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i hav a small problem .... due to the 3 usb drives that i hav the drive letters of my cd drives keep on changing so when iinstall a game thru my rom which has the drive letter g and after some time when i connect my usb drives and all then the drive letters change as a result when i un the game i get an error saying insert cd in drive ..... where do i edit registries of installed games and also how do i make the letters static :confused:

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
That's strange .. usb drives should come after ur cd drive .. still see this link for changing ur drive letter *www.microsoft.com/resources/docume.../proddocs/en-us/dm_drive_letter.mspx?mfr=true

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Goto Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management.
In the left side pan, double click Disk Management and in the right side pan, select ur CDROM & right click it. Select Change Drive Letters and Paths... & a new popup window will be opened. Click the Change button and select Z as ur drive letter. Click OK & now restart ur system. Reinstall all ur games from ur CDROM & whenever U will connect a USB, CDROM drive letter will not b changed.
That's the easiest solution as I think.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
what i want to know is where can i change the registry entry for the drive the game uses .... coz installing all games again .... well not something im gonna do .... n2casey i am aware of changing manually the drives but now i dont know which drive was used to install the game so even if i rename the drives i dont which to use coz i hav a dvd rom, a writer, nero image disc, alocohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom