Dr. Divx!! 7 hrs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

adorablesrini

Broken In
Hey guys just tel me how long should it take to RIP a 3hr movie DVD using Dr.Divx into avi?? My comp took some painful 7 HOURS ! ! Also tel me how check and Enable DMA for Harddisk??

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
for an amd 2600+ 512mb , win2k , 5400rpm hdd , around 4 hours for a 3 hour movie in flaskmpeg , and around 3 hours if running on high priority in flask and from task manager .

whats ur config ??? give all the specifics .

quick tip : check ur hdd listing/ide controller listing in device manager .

Sourabh

Laptoping
heck i have almost given the idea of ripping DVD's into Divx

on a 3 ghz, 9800 Pro ( ati & Divx connection? ) and 512 MB RAM, Munnabhai MBBS took less than 2 hrs i guess

but still its too much

dang!! its better to download divx movies if u have a descent enuf 'broadband'

G

gxsaurav

Hmm, my take

Lord of the rings, The return of the king took 2 hr 8 mins on a P4 3.06 GHz, 512 MB RAM, NVIDIA FX 5900XT (no nvidia divx connection), however gfx card does nothing during conversion, it's the CPU which does it

I was also waching TV During this, the conversion method was standerd, as I was doing this only for test, 2 mbps bitrate, DivX 5.2.1, Audio was compressed via mp3, used Dr. DivX 1.06

Yo, I m not far from U sourabh, despite having a ati divx connection at your side

Sourabh

Laptoping
well LOTR i suppose is just a 2 hr something movie

MUNNA BHAI Is a full 3hr movie :mrgreen:

so mebbe u are faraway lolz

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yo gx, first u say gfx card has nothing 2 do with conversion as it is the CPU which does everything...and then u say ur conversion rate was as fast as that of sourabh in spite of him having an ati divx connection...decide first: does the gfx card have anything 2 do with the process or not???? if not...then sourabh has no benefit of using an ati card...

Sourabh

Laptoping
heck with conversions

but divx viewing on a ATi card i better than on a nvidia card lolz doesnt matter even if its by .01% :p

btw GX tries so many things so fast

the got a tv tuner only a couple of days b4 and he already ripped a dvd into DIVX while watchin TV

tht surely rocks :wink:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Sourabh said:
well LOTR i suppose is just a 2 hr something movie

Lol U gotta be kiddin me :lol: :lol:

Lord of The ring:The return of The kings runtime goes above 3 Hrs and myself have the 3 Disc Vcd Edition each of runtime going a little above 1Hr each and sum it up it can easily pass by 3Hr mark dude :wink:

Btw The Special Extended edition DVD goes an additional 50 min added attraction....it is said that the EE DVD inculdes the house of healings part which wasnt included before in The DVD 8)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nemesis said:
yesh i saw the extended edition...it rocks....and sourabh was just kidding allwyn :wink:

yea i knew that he was kiddin and even if he wasnt i had enough evidence to prove it as welll :lol:

Btw nemi what does the exntended edition have that lacks out in the original movie... :?

OP
A

adorablesrini

Broken In
Sorry correction correction if i told 7hrs that was only for thr First Pass!!!! it was showin another 7hrs due for Second Pass.Of course i called it quit!! 7hrs of WASTE COMPUTING TIME!!!!

I hav learned it the Hard way my bechara antique comp is not in for DVD ripping using Dr.Divx!!

My config is :
AMD ATHLON 1.13GHz
256Mb SDRAM
Samsung 20Gb 5400rpm
no graphics card only onboard
A Sony Dual Layer DVD Writer(DRU-710A)
A CD Writer which shares IDE cable with HDD

Can u guys recommend any other Software for DVD Ripping which is suited (!!) for my config

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmm the extended edition has a whole bunch of scenes that were deleted frm the edition that made it 2 movie theaters....most notably, the death of saruman...in the scene where gandalf and the others come back 2 isengard after the ents have taken over, there is a scene where gandalf and saruman talk and it ends with the death of saruman....i cant seem 2 remember the other scenes right now...

G

gxsaurav

Yo, Saurav, rite now I m browsing net, doing chat, & yet WWE RAW is being recorded in the background, Ortan with HBK vs HHH & Ric flair

CPUs can do this much work easily

Besides LOTR, Return of the kins is 3 hrs 20 mins, not 2 hrs

Nemesis, gfx card has nothing to do with encoding, well atleast not my FX, but U got it in a wrong sence, what I wanted to say that despite having a deal with DivX 7 ATI, even my setup isn't that far, TV Viewing not recording, not time shifting, simply vieweing eats about 20% CPU here, not too bad

My setup took 2 hrs 8 mins, while his took about 2 hrs, I m 8 mins slow, despite the fact that we both have 3.06 GHz, I blame it to my TV Viewing

& yes I do a lot of things at ones with my PC, thats what PCs are made for, whats the use of HT if it is kept idle, I use all the resources of my PC when available, hell, I even use Premiere with Photoshop together, although at this moment my PC crawls, with 512 MB RAM & both my PC becomes slow

parthbarot

In the zone
in DVD it will take 5 to 1o hrs in flaskmpeg also..
but flask is good for DVDs . Dr DivX is bogus yaar.

after all u r making from 4.3 GB to 700 MB avi yaar...
if u r doing from DAT to AVI then it will only take 1 to 2 hrs for whole film.so get original CD & do DivX & put on P2P like k-lite so i can take it man...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ashu283 said:
hi,
i hv tht. can u suggest me some god sites for tht......

well now that would be like askin for divx rips free download....which i suppose is illegal to be distributed over the net.....Btw let me just give ya a hint for this technology...."P2P" :D

Just Pm if ya want any help :wink:

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Maybe u should try Nero Recode.It rips a whole 3 hr DVD movie in 1 hr 45 min flat,and the quality is way better than that of divx/xvid.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Recode is good, but it cant work with content-protected DVDs that well. The best option still remains DivX or xviD;-) Having said that, if you have copied the files via an extractor program, then Sceneo VCopy is the best tool for transcoding between VCD/SVCD/DVD/AVI/MPG and best of all, its freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom