Downloding updates using DAP - help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun Kumar

Broken In
I have a dial up connection (BSNL's NETONE) which gives me connection speed between 14 Kbps - 32 Kbps. I frequently download updates of ZA (not pro) which i have registered and that of AVG free Edition. But with this connection speed it takes lots of time and sometimes connection fails in between and I have to start afresh.Recently I have installed DAP. But I am unable to configure it so that downloading of updates of ZA/AVG can be made by DAP. DAP asks for URL but i could not find it from ZA/AVG's downloading screen. Please help. What I have to do?

anna_don

Broken In
hey, I have ZA Security suite and whenever i download updates i use Get Right. Try installing ot on ur sytem and then downloadin ur updates. With such pathetic connections of BSNL that u and I use, its very important to have a software like Get Right. you should get it from one of ur digit CD's

hope it works.

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
So u don't use ZA for downloading updates. Had u installed Get Right from digit CD? I have all digit CDs from Jan, 2004. I have to check them. Hoping to get it in one of them. Thnx for reply.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
DON'T USE DAP..........

Leechget is a lot better..........

Use FireFox and you will find your answers............

expertno.1

Technomancer
u cannot find url ????
tell me what do u want
the virus database update or the programs update
i will give you

AND

is download accelerator plus your default download manager or not ?
anna_don
Analogue Novice
has getright as default manager so he is easily updating and downloading the components whenever he clicks the link in the browser

aslo

try
windows IE and click on the link

first make dap your deafult download manager

tell me which link u want and i will give the link directly to the exe file

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
Hi expertno.1

DAP is my default download manager. My ZA and AVG, when I click for updates, notify me of available updates (program updates for ZA and virus definitions in case of AVG). When I click to download these updates, the download starts within these programs. I want that the download should be through DAP so that if my dial up connection fails, previous download may not lost. I have found GETRIGHT in May, 04 digit CD. Planning to install it.

Hi Khattam, i m totally new to Firefox. Knows nothing abt it.

chinmay

Journeyman
expert no.1 ...the way u sound it seems that u r desperate to get a braniac rank in digit...dude jus jokin...no hard feelings....

Well...i too use DAP n ZA...but it cud never download thru dap in free version...then i downloaded DAP pro...i.e. dap's paid version...it automatically cud detect n download the za updates...go for DAP's paid version....pm me if u want more info bcuz discussing pirated things is not allowed in the forums...u wont need to download dap again...i'll just tell u a trick..

anandk

Distinguished Member
USE GETRIGHT. its better.
ive read dap is believed to have spyware.
i dont think u cant download av, etc, updates with download managers.
za is difrnt, bcoz, their update consists of he whole *** new program setup ! :)

expertno.1

Technomancer
spware ??????

anandk said:
:)

spware ??/

go visit the DAP website theres clearly given the check mark that the new version of DAP is spyware free

theres a tick mark for all the famous spyware detectors
like spybot and ad-aware
go see it

COLDROCK

Broken In
Well it is a age old problem in DAP, i also think DAP has spyware, i just ran a check yesterday with Spybot 1.3 Advanced version it showed 19 enteries of Spyware, I deleted them & DAP is still running properly. I have DAP 7.4 Pro.

The spyware is mostly because of ads.

Biplav

In the zone
dap has spywares.
but it still is the best download manager available.
its the Maximum Downloaded download manager .
and i dont get y it says in the site that it is spyware free where as i just scanned my drive with spybot and Dap was registered as usual as spyware.
so Expert no 1
:the website is lying or else both my anti spyware softwares have gone absurd!

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Arun Kumar said:
Hi expertno.1

DAP is my default download manager. My ZA and AVG, when I click for updates, notify me of available updates (program updates for ZA and virus definitions in case of AVG). When I click to download these updates, the download starts within these programs. I want that the download should be through DAP so that if my dial up connection fails, previous download may not lost. I have found GETRIGHT in May, 04 digit CD. Planning to install it.

Hi Khattam, i m totally new to Firefox. Knows nothing abt it.

Man.............
You should try FireFox which is a great browser...........

Anyways, Do you have ZA Antivirus too............... an r u referring to antivirus defs??

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
biplav said:
dap has spywares.
but it still is the best download manager available.
its the Maximum Downloaded download manager .
and i dont get y it says in the site that it is spyware free where as i just scanned my drive with spybot and Dap was registered as usual as spyware.
so Expert no 1
:the website is lying or else both my anti spyware softwares have gone absurd!
Man if you are saying DAP is the best............. you havent tried a lot of download managers..........
Try leechget and see how good it is ..........
Moreover no ads and no cracks coz it is a freeware.......
FreshDownload manager is also equally good.................

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
Man.............
r u refering Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 (June CD). If yes then i will give a try. Will it solve my problem. Can I use Firefox side by side of IE.

.........It now gives another discussion. Whether DAP is spyware or not!!!.....

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Re: spware ??????

expertno.1 said:
anandk said:

spware ??/

go visit the DAP website theres clearly given the check mark that the new version of DAP is spyware free

like spybot and ad-aware
go see it
hey common
let it say anything.............
It is an adware as it shows ads...........
it sucks...............
better Free downlaod managers are available ................................
so why DAP??

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Arun Kumar said:
Man.............
r u refering Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 (June CD). If yes then i will give a try. Will it solve my problem. Can I use Firefox side by side of IE.

.........It now gives another discussion. Whether DAP is spyware or not!!!.....

Yo........
Thats it.......
Yes it will run with IE side by side.........
But Once you start using FF smoothly, you wont remember IE.......
Once you get close to it, PM me for FF optimizations to give greater speed and performance............
Well, I'm shortly gonna write a tut on that.............anyways........

And yeah, it will solve your problem.........
The updates will be downloaded with the internel download manager of FireFox and when it is downloading, you can right-click on the download window and select properties and then copy the URL of the ZA Program and paste it to your favourite download manager..............

Hope you got it...........

Biplav

In the zone
well tried everything leechget ,flashget and every other thing possible.
still not finding any one to come anywhere near Dap.
but this was a surprise- i used to use dap5 coz it gave me good speed and never thought of updating.
now that i do,i dont find spybot reporting it as spyware!!!!so the site didnt lie..

expertno.1

Technomancer
Re: spware ??????

khattam_ said:
expertno.1 said:
anandk said:

spware ??/

like spybot and ad-aware
go see it
hey common
let it say anything.............
It is an adware as it shows ads...........
it sucks...............
better Free downlaod managers are available ................................
so why DAP??

why use dap ???????????
bud its the fastest accelerator on earth like opera is the fastest browsser
just buy it

94 million users are using dap

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
Hi Khattam,

Installed the Mozilla FF and liked it. I have made it my default browser. I have got what u have suggested but still have to give a try. Thanks for solution. :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom