downloading ............

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehnogeek

Broken In
whenever i connect to net, my downloading speed drops and even if i don't use it . my comp keeps on downloading something. can u tell me how to know what si it downloading...
i have checked using spybot there is no spyware and have also checked for virus also using avg....
can u tell me is there any tool like naviscope which used to show the link which are being accessed by the system....

k_blues24

Journeyman
Well, It might be Windows auto updates... I am not sure
If Auto updates of XP is not req then disable it( or set to 'notify me')

47shailesh

Security Exp
@mav3 may b correct,, r u using any p2p s/ws like morpheus or warez they install addon plugin automatically and they result in unwanted traffic aslo some BHO(browser helper object) does the same. run a Hijackthis.exe on ur system and post a report it can help in finding out d prob. more efficintly...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
or just install a firewall like ZAP whicj will give u full control over the internet connection to ur PC... with this u may see which programs are useing the Internet :) and u may lock a single program if u want :)

Stalker

Padawan
use a gud firewall like Zone alarm and check for Trojans

tehnogeek said:
my comp keeps on downloading something. can u tell me how to know what si it downloading...

wat do u mean by tat?? is it downloading things in ur C: drive??

anandk

Distinguished Member
clear ur internet temp files folder. use 'ccleaner' to clear all junk if posbl. www.ccleaner.com
install ewido ant-spyware also. and run it in SAFEMODE. www.ewido.net
also run ur av in SAFE MODE.
disable utomatic updates and also auto-update features of any of ur other sw (for the moment atleast)
instal a good fw like za, and then try to identi5 which program is trying to connect/download. www.zonelabs.com

if problem continues, post ur hijack this logfile here or at www.hijackthis.de for analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom