download speeds hellish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
i have mtnl triband unlimited 256 kbps plan and i get average download speed(not talkin about torrent speed)
about 9kbps while i hav seen ppl with same plan getting speeds above 70 kb/s .mtnl guys say it depends on ur phone line but so less .wtf.plz clear my doubts

ashfame

Padawan
Ihatemyself said:
Hey guys
i have mtnl triband unlimited 256 kbps plan and i get average download speed(not talkin about torrent speed)
about 9kbps while i hav seen ppl with same plan getting speeds above 70 kb/s .mtnl guys say it depends on ur phone line but so less .wtf.plz clear my doubts
First KBps & Kbps are different! (1 KBps = 8 Kbps)
You hav a 256Kbps connection that means a speed of 256/8=32KBps.
IF you are getting a speed of 9KBps then there is sumthng wrong & regarding 70 i.e is surely 70Kbps!
70Kbps = 70/8 ~ 9KBps
You cant get 70KBps on a 256Kbps connection!:D

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
Hmm....i understand what u are sayin (difference btwn bytes and bits)
And about 70 KBps that's what i'm askin' .i've actually seen my frend getting speed of 70 KBps and he says he has same connection .wtf.As i've said his connection is 256 kbps so what sense does it make to divide 70 by 8...as u've shown i shd get speed near 30KBps and he shd get the same speed .May be mtnl upgraded his speed to 2Mbps (i'll find out) ...but plz tell solution to my slow downloading speed

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Download 5mb (atleast) file from DAP and see ur download speed. It will be above 50KBps(or above) initially and then after 15 to 20 seconds it will be constant and that constant speed is ur actual download speed. It will be definately around 30 KBps. as i mentioned if u got speed around 30 KBps in DAP then there is problem in ur OS (possible viruses) . Because it had happened with me. I had reinstalled my xp.

ashfame

Padawan
Ihatemyself said:
Hmm....i understand what u are sayin (difference btwn bytes and bits)
And about 70 KBps that's what i'm askin' .i've actually seen my frend getting speed of 70 KBps and he says he has same connection .wtf.As i've said his connection is 256 kbps so what sense does it make to divide 70 by 8...as u've shown i shd get speed near 30KBps and he shd get the same speed .May be mtnl upgraded his speed to 2Mbps (i'll find out) ...but plz tell solution to my slow downloading speed
I was just trying to link 70 & 9!!:D :D
try *speedtest.net/ :p for speed tests n den dey wil give da result in image format that u can even post here(dey host da image)!

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
ashfame said:
I was just trying to link 70 & 9!!:D :D
try *speedtest.net/ :p for speed tests n den dey wil give da result in image format that u can even post here(dey host da image)!
LOL Great explation

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm, why dont those speedtest.net guyss whire a servere here at india and possibly at BSNL !!!

as if any one tested GOD of BSNL, while Downloading GOD games Download speeds hits more than 550 kBps where as out side downloads are restricted at around 225 to 250 kBps :(

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
This is what I got for Sify 256Kbps connection:

*www.speedtest.net/result/136463069.png

Pathetic..they have server in karachi but not in India. :(

praka123

left this forum longback
Choto Cheeta said:
as if any one tested GOD of BSNL, while Downloading GOD games Download speeds hits more than 550 kBps where as out side downloads are restricted at around 225 to 250 kBps :(
GOD is Games on Demand right? 550 KB/s =4.40 Mbps :shock:
Aap ko poora Yakeen Hai?:rolleyes:
as with ur logic,yes i gets a maximum of 225(217 most of the times)KB/S speed on dataone.but now as monsoon hits kerala,frequent disconnection may occur.today evening i survived a lightning(came 4m telephone cable) :D

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Results of my Dataone 900 UL plan. Its hard to beleive them , r u guys sure the site is reliable ???

*www.speedtest.net/result/136727301.png

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@~Phenom~

Try when there is no load on the Connection..... and some time route are busy therefore poor speeds comes up...

anyway here is my Home 500 :)

*www.speedtest.net/result/136754168.png

These are good for fun, but to test my speed I preffer download a File either from Microsoft or Symantec Server... I have seen or felt that these 2 servers are usually allows u to run at ur Top speed !!!!

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
why not check speeds at *www.calcuttatelephones.com/bandwidthmeter/initialmeter.php they have a server in calcutta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@xbonez

There is a problem with the DataOne speed calculllator, Copy pest this url,

Code:
*speedtest.dataone.in:83/bandwidthmeter/results.php?kbps=[color=red]8400000.8[/color]&downloadtime=11.047&KB=1133.875&recorded=1

Edit that Color String to any thing and see the result ur self !!!!

:)

And Same with Calcutta Telephones....

Code:
*www.calcuttatelephones.com/bandwidthmeter/results.php?kbps=[color=red]83800000.3[/color]&downloadtime=10.781&KB=1103.25&recorded=1

:)

so here I go, My speed, :p

*img14.imgspot.com/u/07/157/15/A12.JPG

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
its my reliance UL 999

*img46.imageshack.us/img46/9562/14812792iw8.jpg

*img230.imageshack.us/img230/9436/33510087hr5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom