download speed tooo slow suddenly!, :( pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

my lan card failed couple of days ago and so got a new one, DAX. i connected my old one to pci slot 2 and now the new i hav connectd to pci slot 4. i hav got very low dl speeds since i connected this lan card. i dont know whre the problem is. i hav asked for airtel customer care help and everything seems to be fine with them. also a person from aritel came here aand checked everything. and all is fine. i hav also tweaked all possible settings. also i ran a spy and virus test and nothing was found. i hav 256 kbps conx. my dl speed is arnd 15 KB( it shud be arnd 27 KB). i have my last doubt in the pci slot... how do i check if this has a problem? the pci slot 2? is it possible to check it? if not, what r the other possibilities...

i also see that my upload speed is arnd 25 normal!!! :( and if i download single file the dl speed is arnd 13 to 15 KB. but if i dl 2 or more files.. it comes to 20 - 22 KB.. stil its not max speed i get but it increases atleast...

help me pls...

/legolas

dreams

Gracias Senor
try removin the old modem frm ur PC..
try switching ur new modem to another free PCI slot..

dreams

Gracias Senor
Oops mistuk ur LAN Card as a Modem.. try switchin ur LAN Card to other PCI Slots.. may b some slots produce these errors..

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
yeap. wil try it and post back. thk u. the same doubt i too had but felt lazy to change it and also had to verify!

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom