Download Monitoring software for DataOne???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehaonline

Broken In
hey you people @ digit forum;

I am thinking of getting Data One connection ; but they have Download Limit of 1 GB for Rs.500 scheme ; and they charge heavy fine on extra download !!! Do you guys know any good software for Download monitoring and logging ; so that I know what and how much I am using. Any software be it multi Utility one or be it job specific. Please share your knowledge and did you have any bad or good experiences with Data One ??

waiting for all your replies
Neha

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Try this for a start
*www.topshareware.com/NetLimiter-download-8939.htm (net limiter)

*www.bandwidthmonitorpro.com/ (Bandwidth monitor pro)

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@allwyn i had this Bandwidth monitor pro.. but its a shareware.. :( is there any freeware..

P.S @neha am not too sure but i think DATA one comes with one such s/w that tells u the amount of data transfer..

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
Bandwidth monitor pro is a decent choice.

@bharathbala2003, bsnl does not provide any such softwares with dataone.

thank you.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yeah, Bandwidth moniter Pro works great. Even when the trial period expires you can use it, albeit after a delayed start.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
right now data one offers unlimited downloads once this changes data one itself will have a software that you can use to check out your usage/ downloads. So why worry in advance.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
LOL! The worries are closer then you think. Free unlimited data downloads are for those who had registered and their account before31st March.

So people like Enoonmai, who had registered well before 31st march but got their account activated like on 2nd April are left in the lurch. They dont know if they will be charged for the extra downloads or not. DataOne helpdesk is as helpful as any other govt. agency would be. So a download moniter makes great sense in context of DtataOne.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I had gone to the BSNL office in bangalore and they are realy not sure of the charge on the download limit. There is also some say of it been unlimited till Dec end.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Dec end as in Dec 2004 or Dec 2005? See, the guys over there are just as ignorant as we are. Its better to be cautious for now and wait till you recieve the April 2005 bill and then decide.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
its dec 2005. About the bill i got the data one connection in Fed and have paid a bill of Rs 2700 for the period feb to may (yes may 2005) the details are in the sticky thread ok hear is a reprint
Oh sorry i forgot to update Well i went to bsnl and they said that the bill is for the period 08 Feb to 30 April and the breakdown us as under.
Modem Deposit 500
Modem Inst 500
Broadband feb 370
Broadband Mar 500
Broadband Apr 500
Modem rent Apr 100
Modem rent Mar 100
Modem rent Feb 100
Total Rs 2670/-
I think its better to buy the modem and have given an application for the same. Modem Cost Rs 2000/- and i have paid Rs 500+100+100+100=800 already.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yeah, I read about that on the "best broadband" thread but didn't know about the followup.

Btw, what chances are there that the free scheme will be extended till Dec 2005?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
can bandwidth monitor pro be used for the reliance r connect connection too ? they also have a 1 gb limit :( and they dont give any software to moniotor the download/upload limit.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
mohit said:
can bandwidth monitor pro be used for the reliance r connect connection too ? they also have a 1 gb limit :( and they dont give any software to moniotor the download/upload limit.
Yea I guess so cause as such this software aint a Properiatary Of DataOne Connection Monitoring :lol: and so Is a universal Download Monitoring Software applicable for any connection :wink:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz i am facing a weird problem with bandwidth monitor pro ver 1.30 , i downloaded and istalled it but it is acting funny and it increaes the download/upload data even when i am offline. i dont know what is wrong , have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling again but no use. it works even when i am completely offline and i am not on any network or anything..... somebody help.

shyam911

Journeyman
That happens all the time. I guess its mainly coz of all the adware and shareware that tries accessing the net all the time

saROMan

QA Juggler
Damn its April now and i havnt recived my Bill Yet..BTW the person at Exchange told me tat its free till 31's June ...so am freely d/l stuff....Unfortunately if i get a bill for d/l it will surely gonna count in 55000+
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom