Doubts related to Nokia 6630...

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

I am using a Nokia 6630 and have a few doubts! Kindly help...

1. I have created a few folders for storing SMS. Now, how can I lock those folders so that no one can see the contents of those folders without knowing the password. The same is to be done with folders that I have created to store pictures.

2. I have stored a few SIS files which I wanted to transfer to one of my friend using Bluetooth. Although I am able to send everything else, everytime I try to send a SIS file, it says "Cannot send protected objects". I even tried to send it with FExplorer but failes. How can I send them.

Chao.

alltime.homie

Broken In
1. You can solve that by installing an application called Smart Guard. All you have to do is set a password for it and you can use the application to hide any of the folders anywhere and access it only after you enter Smart Guard and give the password.

2. You cannot send any installation files from your phone to another phone. No matter what, it will say the file is protected. Even if the file is not protected. I tried with FExplorer too. And if you try to send it straight from your inbox, there is no option to send it at all. The only way is to send it from a computer.

Cheers ! :D

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I can tell you how to transfer filer files assuming in good faith that u will not involve software piracy -- Just change file extension from Whatever.SIS to Whatever.si or any thing You can send if u modify file extension But Pls do not use this to pirate software:)

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I have already tried this but there is another problem with this. The person who receives this file cannot save nor install this file as the file type is unknown. As there is no save option, renaming the file at the receivers end becomes impossible.

@alltime.homie : Can you give me the link of Smart Guard...

Last edited:

alltime.homie

Broken In
As I told you. The file extension change will not work. Phones can only open the .sis file in the installer and even those installation files cannot be saved anywhere but in messages. Ultimately, you will only be able to send from a computer.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
and copy that file from the inbox of filexplorer(That is the inbox of ur fone and is shown separately) to some other place in your memory card and rename it there. Now install that software happily.
Tell me if it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom