Doubt Regarding AutoPatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
I have a doubt regarding Autopatcher... After a few months, I am finally patching up my system and rather than using MS's update, I decided to use Autopatcher's torrent download facility... Now, the full version is available for August only and other months, only updates have been issued... (With broadband connection, the full version took about 3 hours, possibly because it was extremely well seeded)

My question is, after installing full August version, do I need to apply both September and October updates or will October updates contain September updates also?

Arun

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Autopatcher XP October 2006 edition includes all updates of August 2006 and September 2006. Time to time critical updates are carried with every edition. So you need not install every month Autopatcher. Size of the Autopatcher will give an idea whether it is a full update carrying out all editions or few critical editions.

Here is the download link.
Autopatcher XP October 2006

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
September and October releases are marked Updates.... And they are less than 50 MB in size... I want to know if October Updates will also contain September Updates...

Arun

thevilneo

Right off the assembly line
I think the question wud be if the October UPDATE file [not FULL FILE] wud contain september updates...

Not whether the october full file contains all previous windows updates or not...

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
Yup, and I recently read in a FAQ at *www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=410121 (link was posted in another topic), where it is mentioned that each update release must be installed after installing all earlier monthly updates... Therefore, the answer to my question appears to be NO...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom