dose Win Xp SP2 contains all the updates of XP Sp1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
Hi,
I just wanted 2 know that if Win Xp SP2 contains all the updates which were there in XP Sp1
i hv windows XP Pro SP2
and have intel orignel M/B 865gbf
i want 2 add sata drive 2 my system so for it i hv to install native storage pack from intel driver cd 2 eniable SATA.
now this software can only be install on xp with SP1 and i have SP2
when i install this it dosnt install gives error and says that SP1 should be installed 2 use this patch
what should io do ?

aabhas

Tech&ME

Banned
download the latest drivers for SATA from your Harddisk manufacturer's website. or from the intel website which supports SP2.

OR

U can uninstall SP2 from your system and install SP1 and then the drivers for your hdd and then again you can install SP2.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
abhasbajpai said:
I just wanted 2 know that if Win Xp SP2 contains all the updates which were there in XP Sp1

yup it does... well if u have windows XP sp2 then no need for that sp1 any more...

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
That usually means that you need atleast SP1, having SP2 shouldnt stop its installation.

when i install this it dosnt install gives error and says that SP1 should be installed 2 use this patch
Thats wierd ... either you dont have SP2 or the installer is really cr@ppy.
Check your xp version from my computer ->right click ->properties. It must say "Service Pack 2".
or (as Tech said) get SP2 compatible drivers.

I would seriously suggest not to uninstall SP2 .. that could lead to other unwanted troubles

-----
alibi

go4saket

abhasbajpai said:
Hi,
i hv windows XP Pro SP2
and have intel orignel M/B 865gbf
i want 2 add sata drive 2 my system so for it i hv to install native storage pack from intel driver cd 2 eniable SATA.
what should io do ?

aabhas

Well buddy, I too have the same motherboard. I dont understand why do you need to install native storage pack to use a SATA HDD. I haven't installed the software, neither SP2 and am having a SATA HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom