Doom3 : Half-Life 2 : r they same???

Status
Not open for further replies.

[flAsh]

In the zone
hey ppl I jst plaid the DOOM3 demo and found it quite same to the demo of Half-Life2. The story line of the games is quite the same. which one is better is really hard 2 tell and graphics quality of the games was superb and made me go mad. I plaid Doom3 demo in ultra quality on freind's pc having Geforce 6800nU of MSI with all its pixel and vertex shaders enabled. half-life i plaid on my home system having Geforce fx 5700 Ultra.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
I am stumped.
Demo of HL2????? There is no HL2 demo.
DOOM3 is creazy game which is ment to scare ya. Monsters, ghosts and stuff completely different than HL2.
You probably have played HL2 alpha leak which is nowhere near what HL2 is today.
Noone knows for sure what HL2 story is but its FPS.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Nuts ! The game play is gonna be completely diff dude ! Have u played half -life ? if yeah then u can atleast have an idea of it can be like .... ! HL2 has rocking AI ... D3 has fuckall AI they only come n hit u they r zombies !
Game play cant even be thought of to be similar

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
u r confused it seems like...valve never released a demo 4 half life...let alone 1 4 half life 2....mebbe u played some other game...in a way the storylines r similar...weird creatures infestin some place-u go kill em all and save the world....but gameplay and everything is completely different...

vysakh

Padawan
[flAsh said:
]hey ppl I jst plaid the DOOM3 demo and found it quite same to the demo of Half-Life2. The story line of the games is quite the same. which one is better is really hard 2 tell and graphics quality of the games was superb and made me go mad. I plaid Doom3 demo in ultra quality on freind's pc having Geforce 6800nU of MSI with all its pixel and vertex shaders enabled. half-life i plaid on my home system having Geforce fx 5700 Ultra.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

post this in the jokes thread in general discussion dude

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
As far as the gameplay and storyline is concerned doom is nowhere near halflife.
The plot and storyline of halflife 1 was veery intresting and
opposing force is also good, but not better than the first one.
Havent played doom3 yet hence am unaware about it but i hear the
graphics and effects are very good but the storyline is ok.

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
ok ok ok. tell me what r tru n wat r false.
Doom3 is also based on a scientific proect team on mars which faces zombies. Half-Life2 is based on a scientific project gone wrong 2 a very big extent that monsters and new wicked creatures start flowing around. tru there's no demo 4 HL2 but unforunately I played alpha version (leaked one) and mistyped it demo.
sorry 4 all this
mistakes does happen
ok doom3 has got gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddddd graphix a gamer wud die 4 but half-life2 is also not behind. and STALKER is another marvellous game, issn't it
once again sorry 4 the typo

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yea no prob [flAsh]....just ticked us coz valve never bothers 2 release demos....and now sunnydiv is sayin he got the demo....there r no demos 4 either half life 1 or half life 2....

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Having played both leaked beta of HL2 and Doom 3 the games are completely different. HL2 pre alpha had only 2 levels which you invoked from the console. HL2 beta leaked ofcourse has a hellava lot more. The weapons and the game play is completely different. Doom 3 shares the living crap out of u HL2 makes you think innovatively to defeat the enemy. Both are completely different in their game play. Its like comapring all the army games out there and sayin that they are all the same...

Just for some info :

All those hopin for a RIP release or for a downloadable version might have to wait a while. HL2 needs you to register thru Steam for you to be even able to play the game.....

DKant

In the zone
Both r shooters..both rocked the industry..both involve the opening up of some portal or the other.

The commonalities end there.

HL2 gameplay is FAAAAAR ahead of D3's. :p Check out that...that..what is it called? The anti-gravity thingy that's a substitute for your hand (I mean in terms of gameplay :D) in HL2.

melloowmel

Broken In
Hi Nemesis,
FYI Valve did release a superb Demo for HL-Uplink, the very first Half Life to be released way back in 98. All the others like opposing force, blue shift & redemption were really small games in themselves & pretty much along the original HL theme, to require demos.
BTW anyone know when HL-2 gonna get released ??!!!! It's been a LONG wait.

lavan_joy

Journeyman
After a loooooooong wait, the HALF LIFE 2 was released .
I ordered HALF LIFE2 today. I will get that within a WEEK.
I will meet u after that.

(Now I am busy with my newly purchased games NFS_UG2,Starwars Battlefront, Rome Total War and Madden NFL 2005.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom