DOOM-III Gives Mee NightMares !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashis

In the zone
Hey,
How do U guys play that DOOM.. thing-- Its Horrifying :evil: :evil: :evil:
I can't go on with this..(I mean Com..On It gives me NightMare!!!)

CAN SOME ONE TELL, HOW TO PLAY IT WOTHOUT GETTING TOO INVOLVED!!! :arrow:
:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Play it while (Edited - [deXter])
Or just mute the sound coz sound is the only scary part...

That's the best suggestion I can give you...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Playin The game without Gettin too involved In it hummm.....Sounds like a Mature content handling problem.....by the way how old are u mate.....This game sure is spooky but come one mate aint that much scary.....now-a-days these games are made with much more of mature content and it all up to u on how u handle it....my advice never play with ur lights off and alone :shock: ....play with some friend and during day time lol..... :D

vysakh

Padawan
i finished it. its a horrifying game. learn to like it then u will love playing it. thats how i played it even after falling from my chair when an imp suddenly jumped towards me,,

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
SIMPLE.....if its too scary do this,,,,
*www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3/hints.html
or
*www.wogaming.com/cheatshints/18798.html

Follow the steps ...will spoil bit of a game for yor but anyway you will complete it ...and its really worth playing it even in cheat modes than quiting it all together...anyway for people who really want to enjoy any game dont ever play with Cheats... :twisted:

[deXter]

Journeyman
Well if its too scary for you- then DONT go on with this!

I can understand perfectly well what you are going through. I felt the same way when for the first time in my life I played the worlds first 3D game, Wolf 3D (dos)! I mean, uptil then I was so used to 2D games like prince, dave and all, but then when Wolf 3D came out- woah, I tried many times but I always used to get scared- In the end, I gave up and never played wolf 3d ever again (or just level1)

:)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

ishaan

Padawan
y dont u play wid all d lights on in da room...and wile listeneing 2 sum nice music wid headfonz and if u g2 a TV in da same room switch it on and keep it somewhere where u can just flick ur eyes from da monitor 2 da tv without moving much...or put a mirror or something and put on something like FTV or if ur not into dat den sum music channel or sumthing

u wont get scared now but u mite not play dat well now also :lol:

vysakh

Padawan
you should do this
1 play at midnight (ie when everyone is asleep and there is no noise)
2 put the volume of the speakers to the maximum
3 sit on a stool
PS this should be done after seeing a ghost film
do this once and then u will never be frightened

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
face ur fears buddy, play it after 12:30 in night with all the lights turned off... a cool headphone for the real sound effects, totally alone in the room as i did

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
NikhilVerma said:
Play it while (Edited - [deXter])
Or just mute the sound coz sound is the only scary part...

That's the best suggestion I can give you...

can u pm me the uncensored message. I am very curious. :D

Also my list of scary games
1. Clive Baker's The Undying. Very scary scripted events with mutilation and disembodiment.
2. System Shock 2. The sound effects are damn scary along with the dialogues. actually they are not scary. They are creepy with a lot of gore.

Suggestions to overcome fear and be able to sleep by switching of lights.
1. See cartoon network. If some good comedy like johny bravo is there u will sleep peacfully. If scooby doo is being telecast u will puke and sleep like nikhil after hearing the song. Try Star world too. I don't have cable since 2 years. So i cannot use it.
2. Read morning paper and see what is laloo up to and sleep hating narendra modi and other terrorists.
3. Play some other games like Duke Nukem Manhattan project or Giants Citizen: Kabuto (the best comedy game ever I played. It got 9.0 gamespot score. Very good graphics even now. Best insane comedy like Simpsons but more insane)
4. See [rpno]. Rearrange the letters in [] to get correct answer. I never tried this but seemed to work for 2 of my friends but didn't work for 1 coz after playing Undying everything looked like a monstor.
5. Post in digit forum.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
adithyagenius said:
Also my list of scary games
1. Clive Baker's The Undying. Very scary scripted events with mutilation and disembodiment.
2. System Shock 2. The sound effects are damn scary along with the dialogues. actually they are not scary. They are creepy with a lot of gore.
SS2 is the scariest game I've ever played. Undying comes second. SS2 will scare the living daylights out of you. Especially when you see those dead crew members appearing right in front of your eyes.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
@gamfreak14
I wasn't ranking them. I found atleast u who can bravely claim that he is scared after playing SS2. Actually what was creepy to me in SS2 was the sounds. The voice records of the scientists becoming mutated. "The Flesh! The Flesh! The call of the many!". Also the cutscene in which they showed the flesh filled level with those flesh monsters called rumblers. Also the voice when u go near eggs saying "the babies must sleep! the babies must sleep! we will harm u like u harm us!" Also the starting deck u can see people who commited suicide due to fear. The people who hung themselves from fans. Also in one of the decks insects coming out of the body of another hung guy.

In undying I got real scred coz I was playing the game at 1:00 am also with the lights off. I was scared even when the lights are on. Just when u start if u go back to the gates u will see werewolves running. also if u use scry u will see a dead body hanging from the lamp post with blood dripping from it and the rats licking them. When u enter and follow one ghost he turns his head 360 degrees and says "when the bonds of the flesh are broken impossible becomes reality." There is this family potrait in one of the halls. If u use scry u can see the what the family members have become. I didn't play after that so I don't know anything.

This might seem odd to u but I and 3 other friends felt half life to be scary when we played it first. It is not like horror scary but scared for u life scary. Till now all the games were normal. They have enemies that behave in set pattern and are not scary. Half life actually puts u there where nothing is predictable. U R ALWAYS ALONE. Thats the reson it was scary. Also some mods are there for it which are scary. I played this USS darkstar form PC Gamer and saw the animals they put in zoo. They were horrifying for a sec when u see them first. But all this is nothing infront of SS2 and Undying.

OP
Ashis

Ashis

In the zone
i....Know at 20 Years (TWENTY); Quite old to be scared!!! :lol:

But U see Every thing i do, I do it Passionately (my friend recomended me; Stop playing HALO, Cuz I Restart the the levle or from the SAVE when One or any of my Marines Die) :?

I paly the Game at Night in my Room when Every one is sleeping Cuz I dont want to get scoldings for playing from my mother :evil:

(& sure, with a PHILIPS SBC HP800 HeadPhone & Light Turned Off as my mother keeps checking if lights are turned on). :twisted:

&&

guys Cut that thing off, I can't Mute that sound (I want all the Juice) :wink:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm....well man it is a scary game but not that scary!!!! and u r supposed 2 enjoy the scariness of the game...it should not put u off....and i agree, the best experience is when u play at noght with the lights off...unfortunately i have 2 deal with plain laptop speakers...i would have loved 5.1 speakers...but i finished the game a few days back...

ishaan

Padawan
hav u guys played silent hill 3 ?

damn scary and i played at nite wid lites off but then i had to c south park episodes 2 overcome my fears n sleep peacefully (i also did this wen i saw the movie dawn of the dead....its really scary in some parts)

G

gxsaurav

comon guys, how scary can it be

I compleated the game on August 25th, 3 months back, with headphones,

If U think this is scary then don't go out in the night alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom